Is it 100% acceptable to dress up all smart and formal for a walk along the beach, fish and chips for dinner and then a movie?

my boyfriend and I are going out tomorrow night and I was wondering if it is acceptable to wear a smart casual type of dress (formal, but for like partying or birthdays) for a date along the beach, a fish and chips dinner and then a movie without looking like an idiot. He wants us to go looking smartish but I'm not sure if my outfit choice is suitable for what he wants?

Most Helpful Guy

• You think he'll notice either way? You're dating a guy right?

Personally I think it's fine, anyway. Classy dress is something I very much prefer to see regardless of occasion so I may be a bit biased here.

What Guys Said 3

• There is no law against that as a matter of fact I strongly recommend you break the social norms a bit its good for society.

• Smart casual should be fine for a walk on the beach.

• If it is on the casual end of things then it should be fine.

What Girls Said 1

• Hmm what exactly were you thinking? If you are thinking just a dress, you might get cold in the movie theatre!!!

• I was thinking a dress, heels and a cardigan?