I'm thinking about getting a breast reduction?

I'm a 36 DD and I want to get them reduced to a B cup. I have back pain but I'm starting a weight loss program. Should I wait until I hit my goal or go through with the surgery sooner?

Thanks everyone! I decided I'm going to hit my goal weight first and I may not go all the way to a B cup. A small C if I end up having to. You guys are awesome!

Most Helpful Guy

• I would go through the weight loss first as they will naturally shrink a bit and you may be happy with them. One they are surgically reduced the only way to get them bigger again is fake implants.

What Guys Said 13

• Surgery should be a last resort. 36DD is not, in my opinion, anywhere near big enough to justify a breast reduction, and shouldn't, if you keep yourself in good shape, cause back problems.

For weight loss, cut out sweet foods as much as possible, especially sugary beverages and any sort of pastries. Remove sugar and grain from your diet- you really want to minimize your carb count. Replace that with meats and vegetables. Then I'd recommend doing some strength training, particularly in your abdominals and back. Strengthen your core. Your breasts will naturally get a little smaller, and you shouldn't feel pain.

• If you have back pain and your doctor agrees with the idea, then ignore the people who tell you not to do it.

But do wait till you have lost the weight you intend to lose. It may make a big difference.

• Or ya know I could suck the milk out of them (#^ ^#) LOL i1127.photobucket.com/.../....com-add-text%206.gif

But I don't blame you then if you're in pain because of them.

• I'd say do whatever you can naturally before resorting to going under the knife, because all surgery has risks.

But it's your bod at the end of the day.

• i'd consinder them a waste of money... but it's yer life so do whatever u want, if u can afford such a surger. y..:-)

• Who knows whats going to happen to your breasts after you lose some weight.
    Id wait before heading to the operating room.

• Wait until you hit your goal then do the surgery so you are in better health.

It is perfectly understandable to get the reduction they almost always cause bad back problems later in life.

• Let me see them before you do titty :P lol but no you should do it as soon as you can my teacher used to have massive boob's too and it almost gave her back problems

• Wait! I work in healthcare, for the last 3-4 years cosmetic! Its worth waiting, in my opinion! Surgery is never easy and should be s last resort!

• Wait until after your goal. The medication and recovery will definitely see you gaining weight.

• The boobies :(

But I guess if you're in a LOT of pain, it's best to get it out of the way asap.

• I've had a couple of friends who underwent the surgery and then did weight loss... it worked out alright for them. One girl got a breast reduction, with a lift and implants... she (and her husband) love the result

• How much weight is your goal?

• Oh ok. I was gonna say hit your goal weight first or at least try. The body is weird and really doesn't loose weight in one spot so you may have to get it done to help your back.

What Girls Said 6

• Wait until you hit your goal. Who knows... You might not have anything left. It's better to be safe then to be sorry.

• You should lose the weight first since breasts are basically fatty tissue.

• I'd wait, I hear that's a side effect of losing weight boobs get smaller.

• wait first.. it's possible they shrink to B with weight loss.

• why are you going all the way down to b cup

• I've had large breast since I was 10 and it's hard not to be envious of girls with small breasts that get to wear they're clothes without buttons popping open

• but still c is the perfect size doesn't cause back pain nor are they annoying to hide

• wait until you hit your goal so that your surgery can have the be possible outcome
    good luck! :)