How bad does this scar look?

I had surgery on my back about two weeks ago and I have a, a pretty large scar now. Anyways, it's only been 2 weeks so obviously it's not fully healed but I still think it looks terrible. Does it look as bad as I think it does and are scars a turn off for you?
How bad does this scar look?

Updates:
It's not the clearest picture but this was 2 days after the surgery so it's definitely gotten a bit better
http://imgur.com/CVlH7PO
Thanks for your input everybody

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• For only two weeks on, that's healing up quite nicely. You'll always see a little residual scar, but based on what you're showing here, it shouldn't be bad at all. The ladies dig scars, though; a scar is a tattoo with a better story behind it.

1|1
    0|0
Sponsored

Have an opinion?

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 6

• Well by the looks of it, for it only being two weeks after it certainly is healing at a very good pace. Now in regards to the scar tbh it wouldn't bother me at all considering it's on your back and not on your FACE. Plus I think it's sort of cool reminds me of the movie x-men with the kid that grew out wings. Either way don't worry about it, it's not in a visible place where you should be feeling insecure and even where it's at now it's not as bad because it's right in the middle where the spinal cord leads.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ouch! But, you still need to give it time to heal. No, it is not a turn off for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a turn off. I have empathy for what you've had done. You shouldn't worry too much about how it looks, most people are understanding.

0|0
    0|0
  • ouch :( it looks painful. But its only been 2 weeks im sure itll be healing much more in the future. It's not a turn off for me at all! It makes me wonder why you have it

0|0
    0|0
    • Honestly it's not nearly as painful as it was before the surgery

• Not a turn off, I had heart surgery and I have a scar on my chest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Um it does look bad I'm being honest but I think it would look better when it's completely healed. Who cares anyway we all have scars in some form or another.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know if it'll help you picture it or not but when it's fully healed it'll be much smoother and a few shades lighter than the rest of my skin. It won't be this rough and discolored forever

• I know it won't. Scars heal.

What Guys Said 2

• It looks bad now but I had a disgusting looking scar like that too from a serious bone break and surgery. After a few months (yes it's going to be months and months before it fully heals possibly a year) it began to look awesome. It'll look badass once it's completely healed.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's some scar.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah. I couldn't even sit up for 3 days after the surgery and on the 3rd day I only got up so they'd let me go home. I feel almost like it never happened now though