Guys, how do you feel about self harm scars on girls?

Maybe a girl you're dating or in a relationship with. Is it a turn off? I mean quite a lot of them too, on her thighs and down her arms, would you care?

CAN I JUST UPDATE THIS TO SAY THAT THE WOMAN IS NOW FULLY RECOVERED AND FINE - THEY ARE JUST SCARS

19

Most Helpful Guy

• The scar itself is less of a problem than that it is an indicator of emotional instability.

What Guys Said 18

• I mean if I had feelings for her than it would only make me wanna maker feel like she's a queen that deserves the world. Because I know how it is being down & depressed most of my social life I been there due to a low self esteem even thought I don't show it. Most people look at me and think I'm cocky but truly on the inside its s whole deferent story. But writing music helps me escape reality.. but anyway it would make me wanna save her from herself. Because I understand that we all just wanna be loved and accepted for who we are if its only by one person. So yes I would care because I was always taught you treat people how you wanna be treated.

• Asked yesterday. I would have second thoughts about her. It would be a sign that she might have some problems. If she is a close friend then I might try to do something that will help her. But I don't think I would want her as a wife or girlfriend. I might have to deal with too many problems in the future which can cause my happiness with her to go away. Don't want that.

• i had a gf like you once
    i tried to help her with everything and if a guy truly loves you then he will look past those scars and sees the beauty of whats inside
    if not then he is not the one

• Not a turn off, I would really rethink starting a relationship with someone with such scars. It means they're sensitive and have been hurt, not exactly what I look for in girls in terms of dating or liking. If it's a friend I wouldn't help them unless they came up to me first.

• Yes I had a bad experience with one girl. Not because of the scars but because she always made me feel blue. A girl who doesn't love herself isn't worth my time thats what i learned.

• yea, I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with her and then she kills herself and I'm a suspect

• I wouldn't be dating them in the first place. Universal truth is, girls like that lack confidence, I am not drawn to such girls.

• As long as she wasn't still hurting herself I could look past it. I couldn't date someone who was still hurting herself like that though

• It would give me something to relate too, but that only goes for guys who know what self harm is really about. You might find a nice guy who goes through the same problems.

• Yes, it's a complete turn off. I don't like seeing girls hurt themselves. I would be very concerned.

• I would be concerned about her and want her to stop doing it is how I would feel.

• I wouldn't really care. I've gone through depression I know what it's like

• I would fell terribly sorry and help her with all my compassion.

• Previous girlfriend had it, she stopped, but it was a bit of a warning sign shall we say.

• I only date stable women.

• She is stable and fine now - they are scars

• I'm too old for baggage of any kind to be honest. I used to only date "interesting women". I stay away now.

• I'd rather maintain my distance
    Because I don't wanna get in trouble plus such girls are hard to handle sometimes -_-

• Yeahh it's fine if she's learnt that it won't yield any benefit you know
      I would still observe her

• The scars themselves are not a huge deal. The psychological problems that resulted in the scars would be a huge problem for me.

• No not at all.
    Everybod commits mistakes and if you love the girl dearly and she loves you too then these marks are no turn off