Too ugly to get a boyfriend. I don't know what to do :'( ?

I'm 27 and have been single for 5 years. I haven't been in any way intimate with a guy in 5yrs let alone been on a date in 5 years. I don't get out much but when I do I wear heels and nice dresses and do my hair & make up etc. I have fun and laugh and am approachable but guys never even look my way. I'm the first to admit that I am ugly - I have a large nose, bad teeth, acne scared skin, flat chested and red hair. Several times I have been called a tranny and I was bullied severely at school for being an "ugly freak".
Unfortunately I can't afford to get any of that fixed but I'm saving up and getting a credit card to get laser scar removal. I accept that I'm too ugly for any man to want me and was doing ok but after 5 years and all my friends are married & have second babies on the way, I'm starting to get really really depressed and lonely. I'm a good person with a good heart but no man will ever find that out because let's face it, people take one look and instantly dismiss me. I thought crap things were meant to get easier with time, but I'm finding that being alone at my age is just getting harder and harder. What female in her 20s can't get a guy? And yes, I tried internet dating but got no interest and no replies. I just don't know what to do?

Also, I am not desperate - if I was desperate I'd be dressing like a tart and going out all the time trying hitting on every guy in sight or going speed dating or something. I have never done or would err do that. I'm just lonely and never see my friends because they're all married and don't have time.
That pic is a year old and I'm wearing a shit load of make up piled an caked on. I can take a "true" picture tomorrow in the daylight to prove my point but I warn you, you'll understand why men don't want me after seeing that lol xo

15

Most Helpful Guy

• You've been single for five years, which means you weren't always single, someone at one time saw the value in you, enough to take you on a date. You say you don't go out much, which might be another reason why you haven't been taken. I've seen very many beautiful 30 and 40 year olds who've been single for longer. It has little to do with looks, and it's quite normal. You aren't weird, neither are you ugly. Once you think that of yourself, then all the makeup and compliments in the world will never compensate. Beauty goes far beyond looks, you know. You have a beautiful face, but the mentality is ugly. I'm sure you've seen very many not very good looking women who are married.
    Besides, everyone's different. Appreciate what's good about you, focus on your strengths and see just how unique you are. If you focus on the positive things change. Go out more, smile more, take time to love yourself first, and the world will conspire to shower you with more joy. True love is like a cat, it ignores you when you desperately call for it, but when you're looking away, you might feel it settling on your lap. Focus on being the best you, and not on what you think is wrong with you.

What Guys Said 14

• Hey, first of all you are not ugly. Like not even a little bit. You are exactly the kind of girl I would look for if I was single. You honestly sound amazing. And your picture looks beautiful. You are not ugly and don't need to change your appearance. Also, just cuz guys don't notice you doesn't mean you're ugly. You don't have to have all the guys look at you. And no matter what you do, they won't. You just need the right guy to come along. And he is out there, you just haven't found him yet. God made somebody for everybody and hasn't forgotten about you. I know it's hard and I'm sorry that it's gettin to you. It's completely understandable. But you are perfect just the way god made you and there's a guy out there that knows it

• Do you have a picture to prove your point? A very much doubt you are ugly.

I would say I am a pretty good guy in terms of boyfriend material and I haven't had a relationship for 5 years. Sometimes you can just get unlucky like that, sometimes its just a confidence thing, like it is with me.

I haven't seen how you look, but I would take a bet its the latter for you too!

• Its best to go out somewhere instead of online dating. Go to a place that interests you a lot, so you are more likely to find people with similar interests.

You may just have to lower your standards. There are many men in the same situation as you are, so you know how it feels. Next time you see a guy checking you out or showing any signs of interests, don't dismiss him just because he... doesn't exactly fit your preferences. And don't be afraid to initiate conversation either. If he is in the same situation as you are, he has probably gottem used to the fact that women dismiss him instantly, and therefore just keeps to himself, and doesn't initiate conversation. So go ahead and initiate conversation, and maybe ask him out yourself. Its your best bet. Good luck!

• If the girl in your profile pic is you then you really got the wrong end of the stick here. If you've been bullied and such I can imagine you don't see yourself as anything near pretty, but remember that this is what will refelect in how you present yourself, regardless of how true it is. I bet guys do look at you, but you don't notice it because you don't believe that they would.

Like I said, judging from your profile pic, you look just fine, and you have no reason to feel this bad about yourself.

• judging by yer pic... u r hardly ugly

• If the girl in ur profile picture is you; i have to tell you seem so pretty and beautiful... Sure we can't see a details face from here; but the situations you depicted above are so surprising; there must be many men who want to be friend of you...
    Don't be pessimistic, life will finds it's path like how we say here ;) Be possitive, u seem quite pretty

• Well first off you need to start feeling good about yourself without a man and only then you will be ready to date.

- go to a gym
    -pilates/yoga class
    -try afun hobby on your own

Second of all try to loose the desperate energy and you will be fine

• If you feel like you're not attractive just be more confident. You're not that old either, I just don't know why you don't have a credit card yet aha.

• Dear Fatfox, you're beautiful let nobody tell you otherwise, the people that do are jerkoffs, good day.

• Omh I am sorry that you were bullied. You don't look ugly to me. Quite pretty

• Hmmm... a photo would be helpful.

• You seem hot I wish I could see a pic

• dont worry im single

• Are you trolling? Because if that's you in the pic, from what I can see you're not ugly and I have a hard time believing you can't get a date because of your looks.

Anyway:
    large nose - most guys don't care about noses
    bad teeth - can be fixed
    acne - use make up and try different remedies, but perfect skin is not required
    flat chested - not a problem
    red hair - it's a plus

Stay fit and wear present yourself well. If that doesn't work, maybe there's something else, other than your looks that is the problem. It could be anything from some annoying habit you're not aware of to desperation (people feel it and it turns them off).
    Good luck :)