Why is my grandmother rude to me because I have dark skin?

She always has something negative to say. 'Girl you need to do something with your hair, you can't look like her she's lighter skinned, etc.' It's like omg just because my great grandmother is lighter than me we can't look a like? Does she not know how genetics work?

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem is not in you. The problem is on your grandma's brain. Never let anyone tell you what you are. Believe in yourself and be confident.

What Guys Said 3

• Screw her! D:< she's just an old bag of bones. Your young and beautiful you dont have to listen to her.

• So what's the question?

• My grandma keeps being rude towards me because of my hair and skin. She's like, you're musty (when no ones musty) just to pick on me, tell me my hairs messy (after my mom told her it's not and not touch me), keeps picking with me.

• we have no idea what you look like so are unable to give an opinion.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't worry about it when people get older their brain tends to change my grandma is mean to me sometimes

• Your grandma sounds silly, I look like my mother, but I'm darker than she is with thicker hair (like my dad)... My brother is a spitting image of my father, except with lighter skin, hair, and eyes (from my mom and her dad's side). You may not look like a spitting image of your great grandmother, but you could easily be viewed as looking extremely similar to her.