Have you noticed any visible signs of aging in your 20s?

I am 22 and notice fine lines developing on my forehead and mild crows feet developing around the eyes.
I want to look young for a while, so I stay out of the sun, moisturize daily, sleep on my back for >8 hours a day, don't smoke, don't drink, excerise daily, eat a nutrient rich diet with lots of unsaturated fats, vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. I also use a structured retinol cream to boost collagen produciton in the dermis.

My goal is to stay looking like I am in my mid 20s until my mid 40s. I also just don't like aging, it is a deterioration of your DNA, which is frightening.

Most Helpful Girl

• No I'm crow's feet free. Thanks to my Asian genes. My mum is in her late 50s. She doesn't have crows' feet.

• I want to cure aging

• Your definition of aging socially conditioned from the west is : getting wrinkled, losing their five senses and health deterioriation. Aging is not a disease. Only you think so or maybe your genetics are weak and are susceptible to decline.

• I know people living in their forties now, haven't aged and still look in their thirties, nice skin, wrinkle free and their hair doesn't gray. They are biologically young.

What Girls Said 5

• you're doing all the right things... plus its in your DNA as to how well you age... plus exercise... that's a big one.. do what ever you can even outdoor sports... one last thing... love life... that's a huge thing to staying young.. I still FEEL like I'm in my 20sss lol... lol!!! ha ha ha I only get sometimes 4-5 hours night of sleep... :)

• not yet haha. i was just told last night that apparently i look like I'm in the 12th grade so that's good! :P

• No I didn't. Do you drink enough water?
    Your diet plays an important role too.

• Yeah, I have a few wrinkles and I'm 19 lol I have a crease between my eyebrows.

• no, I am 28 and haven't noticed any yet, but i do look younger than my age

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah, I have those lines that used to just be there in the morning all day now.
    You can't stop ageing. Celebrities who still look young at 30 get expensive laser treatments and stuff to stay looking young. It's not natural stuff. They do actually do a lot of natural stuff obviously but the main reason they stay looking young is the laser treatments and plastic surgery and stuff.

• There is no reason for a healthy person to not look young at age 29. Your skin needs to be nourished and taken care of properly just like any other organ in your body.

• There are a lot of 29 year olds who look older than me but I just accept that people age. There's no way to stop in. People aren't immortal.

• I do think aging is a fascinating area of scientific research, perhaps we can both make contributions to it @taujun

• Those are all good things to help but ultimately it's up to genetics on how fast you age. I still get carded for rated R movies. I'm sure I'll be in my mid 30s before people stop questioning if I'm old enough to drink. My brother is almost 30 and people think he just got out of high school...

• Keep in mind, what you're experiencing isn't due to '' Aging'', it is most likely due to what's referred to as '' Character lines''.

Character lines on the forehead as you've described are due to facial expressions, the crows feet under your eyes are due to squinting. Besides you're likely to see actual aging under the eyes at some point, as they're one of the places most susceptible to aging.

• These lines become more pronounced with age, so to me it is not unreasonable to describe the development of fine creases in the facial epidermis as being symptomatic of the aging process. Aging is a complex issue that revolves around a confluence of factors such as Oxidative stress, DNA gene mutations, epigenetic pathways, imbalanced endocrine profiles, Telomere shortening, misrepair-accumulation, etc. Skin wrinkling is majorly affected by vasoconstriction, and the mechanical stress of repeated facial expressions can alter the shape of the blood vessels leading up the wrinkled area. Repeated stress is part of the "wear and tear" theory of aging.

• Not yet, Thank you God for Asian genetics.

• I want to study aging as well, I majored in biology and chemistry.

• I don't just want to study aging, I want to conquer it.

• Well I completely relate to the thought. I've thought abot life-extension technologies like mind uploading into computers or stuff like that. But completely conquering aging seems unlikely although we can make a lot of changes.