Does anyone else on here find themselves ugly although they are told, they are handsome by others?

The question actually says it all.

I've been told that I am pretty good-looking although I don't think so most of the time.
There are however good and bad days though.

I am having a bad day today I guess ^^

Most Helpful Girl

• I've felt this, I think everyone has. For a long time I had talked and thought poorly of myself because of how I was treated in my childhood. I was bullied terribly, but once I started high school I "blossomed", so to speak. Strangers tell me I'm beautiful regularly, but I do have days where I just look like butt, or at least feel like I look like butt. It's all in your head, and as long as you're happy with your inner and outer appearance then all is well in the world.

• I was a late bloomer, and I got bullied a lot too during high school but that was rather because of my being very well-spoken and well-read -.- But it's getting better and better now.

• Likewise! They always bully the kids who are a bit wiser/more mature for their age, haha. I'm glad things are getting bette for you. Just stay true to yourself and the right kinds of people will find you

• Well said ! You get the MHO :)

What Girls Said 6

• Eh everyone has their "ugly days" lol. If people tell you, you are attractive then chances are that you are. Did you know that others finds us 20% more attractive than we find ourselves?👍✋✌

• I have heard that we are biased toward ourselves when it comes to our looks. So if people on this site tell me I am good-looking, can I really take it seriously? I think yes, since they are practically strangers who can give their true opinion on you without having to fear any consequences.

• Ok, I think you just made my day and I can sleep well tonight ^^

• My pleasure 😊

• Everybody has so called 'ugly days' but I always think I look ugly especially in photos lol. However, I don't know if I am, because people tell me I'm good- looking, guys I've heard like me, and occasionally I get whistled at or something, but I just assume they are just joking/don't believe them.

I totally understand you though, I think I'm ugly most of the time! I think it's just human to try and focus on the negatives about yourself, and most people look in the mirror and look for faults. On the bright side, I think its way more attractive to not know that you are, than people who are attractive and know it, cause they just seem to be full of themselves.
    Saying that though, be more confident and try to believe these people, they are probably right and your probably really good-looking :) Hope this helps

• I don't feel ugly, I just don't usually receive compliments so I'm usually awkward when someone says I'm pretty. There are days I feel like shit and when someone compliments me about my look that day I'd straight away say "hahaha you're lying".

• The same here :D

• I work p/t as a model and feel this daily.
    Especially on AM shoots.

• My whole life I have felt physically inferior. I don't even look in the mirror unless I have to.

What Guys Said 7

• i find myself just "pretty" tbh... neither ugly or handsome

• In life you often find your harshest critic is yourself - We all have been there.

• U. G. L. Y I ain't got no alibi.

• I don't find myself ugly just plain and not noticeable. I don't have any say I'm good looking either.

• Mh, most people seem to be plain average regarding looks.

• no one told me that i am ugly or beautiful, no one except my parents they told me that i am beautiful bla bla bla

• If it comes from your parents, I'd always doubt it.

• i know that, and i always doubt it

no one told me i'm beautiful because i have male friends i see them almost everyday but my female friends i see them only once a week.. and i am 17 so let's be 19 or 20 and we will figure out

• I think the really good looks show up at 20 /21 ^^

• I FEEL LIKE THIS BUT I am never told that i am handsome

• i guess i could say that... whatever "not bad looking" means lol...
    But I don't know