Girls, Why do girls think im a player or a jerk?

Ok, so I've recently become single and back on the dating scene. As of late though i've been realizing just how hard it is to talk to girls because I am deemed as a "player" or as a girl told me a "douchebag" by appearance lol Now I dont think I am at all, im easy going I like to read, im social and friendly and im actually pretty nice, but it's not portrayed by how I look. When I finally get to talk to girls they always say just how surprised they are by me cause they say when they se me they think im stuck up or just bad news. What can I do to change this and why do girls think that? Look at my profile pic and tell me thats what you get when you see me, or you can look at my profile. I need to know if i should switch something up.

14

Most Helpful Girl

• some may assume you are a player because you have a 'pretty boy' face and MANY assume girls come easy to you and you go through them like socks. sad, but true. some don't take the time to get to someone and judge based on looks.. maybe they would think you aren't approachable and might feel like you are 'above their pay grade' so to speak. i don't KNOW! i'd talk to ya, but i talk to EVERYONE. and just be YOU, seriously. laugh, and be social and nice as always, assume you are already. the right REAL girl will give ya a chance, not one who assumes the worst.

What Girls Said 13

• From your picture I wouldn't assume you're a jerk. You look pretty friendly.

However there are stereotypes and when judging someone based upon only looks you do seem to fit the image of being a "player" in more ways than less.

I know it sucks I get prejudged all the time too. Don't let that stop you, introduce yourself, and show the ladies otherwise.

• I wouldn't recommend changing anything about yourself but if you would really like to know how we come to that assumption based off of your appearance...

Well one you're not not attractive attractive guys can be jerks (as well as anyone else) and you also appear very confident or cocky.

The backwards snap back or even one on right just screams "hood".

I'm not sure if you are or not but you appear to be Hispanic or partially and you know those stupid stereotypes. (Strangely in your other pic you appear to look white)

Really there aren't many things that I could name you just fit the appearance.

In your other picture I don't know I already thought you were a nice person in the first one just a "player" but in the second one you seem more chill or like a normal guy. I don't know it's probably the hat that fulfills that dumb stereotype.

• I actually made the same assumption based solely on your looks. The backwards hat, the hair, the facial hair, the earrings and something about your eyes. You are a good looking guy, but you just have that look.

• Yeah, she explained it perfectly... It's just something that you're born with.

• In your profile picture you do kinda look like the player type of guy, the way you smile and wear your cap.. I don't know. But you don't have to change anything about yourself, just let the girls get to know who you really are. And as you say once you do talk to girls they are pleasantly surprised, so thats a good thing isn't it?
    Just be yourself :)

• Don't change. Girls might see u that way but I doubt it'll make them stop fucking with you. If you are handsome and social/flirty then girls will easily believe u pull a lot of women. It doesn't seem to stop those girls from talking to u does it?

• yeah you kinda do.. i'd think because you've got darker features and your eyebrows slant down a bit
    though you're good looking, and if you actually are a nice person, dont worry too much about the ones that judge, since the ones who actually try to get to know you matter more anyway :)

• Its your face.

• I like this cute guy and he's older than i am and really handsome/cute. But i think he's single and im just like hoooooowwwww? is something wrong with him? How are you so handsome and single?

my point is i usually question a guy who is really handsome amd single. but i still give them a try.

So maybe these girls thing if he's cute why is he single, maybe hea one of those player types. Well, you just gotta prove them wrong lol

• not trying to be rude but yup you look like a player

• You're the perfect picture for a player. It's because of your black hair styled with gel and the beard and the cap. Also the earrings...
    First step is to wear more decent clothing like a shirt or a nice sweater.

• Don't change, I honestly see nothing wrong that will make me think you are a player or a douchebag just by looking at you

• You do look like one

• Don't act, walk, talk or carry yourself in the same way the black rappers do in the media - the ones who rap about sleeping around and using woman for sex. I'm not say you are that way but people will think you are that way if they see you acting like a stereotypical black rapper.

• lol wearing a hat doesn't make you a rapper. Im well educated and have a good job in a office in the downtown core of my city. Hat or no hat I still get the same reaction.

• Moat of the time qhwn people categorize you as a player nine times out of 10 they have seen some qualities in you that a player has or you have dome something similar to a player