Girls, What's wrong with being skinny? What does weight have to do with being manly?

OK my profile picture perfectly matches with gag layout wow, what a coincidence. Anyway I've been told that I need to gain weight on numerous occasions mainly from girls. They say I look to young for my age. And I'm like isn't that a good thing? What's with being skinny? Well, being skinny keeps me energized like I can run for miles without becoming breathless!

12

Most Helpful Girl

• i would NEVER tell a guy he needs to gain weight, EVER. wth? seriously? that would be like a guy telling me i need to lose some, i'd throat punch him! if you are happy, be YOU man, just be you! i have never personally 'dated' a very slim guy, not because i wasn't attracted to them, none ever asked me out! i seem to personally be attracted to bigger guys... aka... hefty, husky, thick, beefy. i don't know why fat and funny are what i like, but hey, it is what it is, but i wouldn't turn down a slim guy nor tell him how i think he should look.

What Girls Said 11

• There's a difference between fit and skinny. If I feel like I can snap you in half then that's not attractive.

• Some girls prefer larger guys but many girls prefer skinnier guys. I personally like skinnier guys but I would never date a guy just cause he is good looking and rich - to me that would be like eating cocoa powder without sugar - I need character too.

• Hahaha fair enough. So that's one girl who has no issue with a skinny guy :')

• Nothing is wrong with it. You're hanging with the wrong girls. No one should be saying that or worrying about your weight. Just ignore them and love the way you are

• Hahaha thanks but I already love myself a LOT. I'm my favorite :D

• i am not skinny enough to be with a skinny guy haha but there's nothing wrong with being skinny.

• Hahaha but even if you're not skinny which you say you aren't why is it still a big deal?:p just be with me cmon :D jk

• Looking sharp Kartoos!

• Hahaha thanks @Deft_maiden been ages how have you been? You're probably the only user left since when I first joined gag. A hell lot of new pretty faces have taken over ;)

• I like skinny tall guys as long as they are toned, work out, and have obvious muscles. Skinny is totally fine. As long as you are still healthy and it sounds like you are =)

• as long as your happy there is no problem with being skinny. I'm skinny and i wouldn't change myself. i enjoy being skinny cause most clothes look great on me (not being vain they just tend to fit me well)

• I'm happy with my weight and everything and I do not like the idea of going to gym because I'm more into aerobics and I tend to stay there because I love what I do.

• Thanks you'll be my motivational coach ;)

• sounds good to me

• There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I just feel a bit uncomfertable if a guy is slimmer than me, don't know why though.

• To answer the question "what does weight have to do with being manly", being skinny is seen as being weak. More body mass/muscle is seen as masculine most likely because that's testosterone doing its job.

But anyway, if you like your weight, who cares?

• "Being skinny is seen as being weak" I object my lord :D

• That's how people see it. That's a fact

• nothing? i've dated skinny guys but i just prefer guys bigger than me, you see i'm very skinny myself but i have full thighs and a fat ass and i don't want to feel fat next to my boyfriend

• Umm fair enough but life would've been easier if we cared less ;)

• Yeah me, you and everyone around. Like check out the questions on here they seem everyone is some what in a trouble.

• oh yeah, absolutely

• outward appearance of strength

• That's messed up. What does weight have to do with strength? lol