Single for life?

I've never had a boyfriend which is more embarrassing with age, most of the guys I'm interested in end up friend zoning me. is it my looks? Am I that ugly?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're still young, I'm 25 and still the same situation as you. It's because I don't really put myself out. I‘m not as Calvin Klein model but if constantly put myself out I'm sure I can get girlfriend eventually. Same as you. It's just that I don't want to go through that effort just yet. I enjoy being single so far. I think deep down you probably do too or something.

What Guys Said 22

• I wouldn't worry about it all that much, I didn't even really start dating until I was around 17 or 18 and since then I've only had two serious relationships and a handful of one date wonders.

I wouldn't worry about you being ugly trust me that's not the case you actually quite exquisite. For me personally though not dating isn't what concerns me what concerns me is finding the right women you know?

Since I only court for the sheer purpose of finding a women to settle down and start a family with. Just take your time learn to love yourself before you can love others then find yourself a good man someone who will treat you right and keep you safe.

• Don't worry. You'll eventually run into somebody that sees in you what they want in a counterpart and they will put in the effort to make it so. The question is whether or not you'll be willing to do the same.

I find most people that are alone are so by choice. They choose to not put themselves out there. They choose to reject those who wanted them for one reason or another. They put themselves in that position generally speaking.

My advice to you is to take risks. We have one life, and it has an inevitable end. What is not certain is how you spend your time between now and then. Whatever your worst case scenario is, I assure you it will not kill you. The worst comes to pass, and then you live another day wiser for it. When it does come your time some day in the distant future, well then what was there really to worry about?

You'll be okay. If you choose not to be alone, you won't be. There's more to all this though than simply finding a person to love, I've found that much to be true. Why not take some time to focus on those other things while you find your way to that special someone?

• At 19 you have plenty of time left to still find the right guy. Don't stress, I am 32 and never had a girlfriend. Trust me you are not ugly, you look fine.

• Thank you so so much. Maybe I just need to stop stressing so much about finding someone and they'll come along.

• Exactly don't stress and you do know if you see a guy you like there are things a woman can do to make the guy be more likely to approach you.

• Welcome to the club.
    Here's some cookies and milk. Make yourself comfortable.

• Single for life?

Ahh my biggest fear...

• I know! I'm just horrified of ending up alone. It seems as though all my friends are in relationships or have their eye on someone, but I'm not ready to be with someone because I'm not comfortable with myself.

• you're in college, you'll have plenty of opportunity there.

• ''Am i that ugly''... Wow...

can't tell if youve never looked in a mirror before or are just fishing for compliments here?

Lets put it this way, you're appearance is probably the least thing you should possibly be bothered about...

• I know that the way I may have worded that sounds as if I'm looking for compliments, but that was not what I intended. I've just always been bigger and felt really bad about myself. I've been trying to hold strong and not fall back in to old habits of purging. But it's really hard living in the shadows of my beautiful friends and seeing guys hit on them wherever we go. Seems as if the only time a guy talks to me is when they ask for a friends number.

• Like honestly Lauren, And im not even kidding here, You are easily a 9/10, If not a 10/10, And im not just saying that to be some nice supportive guy, Im being honestly serious.

Theyre probably just talking to your friends and not to you because they dont think theyre good enough for you, tha vast majority of guys dont like to ask out girls who are out of their league, For reasons i dont feel like i need to explain...

• Thank you.

• It's normal I never dated too not that big deal

• What? Another person who's insecure about her looks. There's nothing wrong with being single and you're beautiful just the way you are. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

• Thank you, it's sad to say everyone has insecurities, recently I've just had a hard time overcoming mine.

• Similar to what Jackie Chan said, go out more often with your buddies, put yourself out there more. and simply enjoy life. You can also join a gym to meet new people; I meet about 5-6 new people per week. and try out some new activities. Eventually, you'll meet the right guy for you who appreciate you and care for who you are.

• Well, my first assumption is that you have a bit of pretty girl syndrome.

You don't know how to be likeable.

• How does one become likeable? I feel more so as if I usually have my guard up and am defensive because I don't want whoever I'm with to see what I hate about myself and realize they deserve better. More so fear of rejection.

• You are not ugly. Some people get it later.

• Not your appearance at all. You're a really pretty girl by the looks of your profile pic. There's no way you'll be single for life. Im sure some lucky guy will make a move on soon. Are you shy? what's the main problem with interacting with boys? Cause in all honesty dont know how guys dont approach you in a dating manner.

• It's more so that I'm scared. I'm really self conscious because all throughout highschool I was always a bigger girl and was teased for my weight. I'm just afraid to open up and be with someone because I constantly feel as though they could do better or they're only with me because they feel bad for me.

• definitely not the case trust me, you're a pretty girl.

• Friendzoning YOU? i don't believe it. that is a sexy pic in your profile. i can't tell if you're a bit heavy in that pic or not, but regardless, unless you go to an all-gay boy school i don't see how anyone would rather have you as a friend than a at least a booty call.

• Honestly, you are 19, beautiful, you have nothing to worry about. Just like lots and lots of other people you just haven't met the right one.

• If that is you in your pic, you aren't ugly. I'm 28 and never dated so do t go giving up yet

• You look good ;-) and you don't need to rush into having a bf its all good

• Thank you, just sucks when all of my friends are spending time with their boyfriends, I'm usually third wheeling! Haha

• Yeah that part sucks tho

• no, you're not.

• You are smoking hot so not sure why you don't have a ton of guys throwing themselves at you.

• I think are you looking to the wrong guy
    Show a pic and I will tell you

• I call bs on every word.

• your 19, i would say start panicking at age 25 if you are still single by then

• ATTENTION SEEKER!!!

• Guys your age, don't want to settle down. I know I sure didn't when I was 7 years younger (19)

• I understand they don't want to settle but I've never even been asked on a date!!!

• He can go on other dates with other women, essentially

• Oh I know, I'm just saying that I've never been asked out haha. Maybe some day.

What Girls Said 4

• You are perfectly normal. In my Christian fellowship the majority of us have never had boyfriends or girlfriends and most of us are above average.

• Wow, you're really attractive, don't worry c;

• I'm 18 and never had a boyfriend either and I don't see it happening anytime soon, and i'll be 19 in 5 months. Of course you won't be single for life! And your certainly not ugly, you look beautiful, its probably that guys are intimidated to ask you out. I think I'm ugly, but people say I'm attractive. I've known a guy who really liked me / found me attractive, but didn't ask me out because he seemed so nervous around me. Don't worry though:) You'll be fine. Its better to wait for the right guy to come along who truly wants to be with you than go out with anyone because you want a boyfriend. I always feel like I'm too old to never have had a boyfriend, so I guess we're in the same boat :) Hopefully it won't be too long xx

• Thank you so much. And I hope so! We'll have to stay strong. I'm sure you're a very beautiful girl and clearly you're very kind. I hope all goes well and I'm sure you'll find someone who'll treat you right! Don't settle for less than you deserve either!

• You are still young and honestly nothing is wrong being single at 19 and just because you are single doesn't mean you will be single forever.