Do people mainly judge people by appearance? As a big girl, I'm worried and ashamed of my body. will people still love me?

I have always struggled with my weight. to be honest, I'm 5"8 and 247 lbs. I hate myself but I keep getting fatter. will people still find me worthy of love?

Most Helpful Guy

• My girlfriend of 6 years is 5'4 230. She still makes me hard as a rock and we have a great life. She used to say she never thought a guy like me would love her. I know people are rude and trapped in high school mentalities, but you'll find a guy don't worry.

What Guys Said 9

• As a person, I don't see why you wouldn't be loved. I know there are some catty girls and immature guys who seem to hate on heavier girls but most people should be ok with you. Honestly, there are way too many young people who HATE for no reason, regardless of weight.

• wow you must have awesome genetics, you look good in your profile pic, if thats you. but yeah a lot of people judge by appearance, its just what humans do initially. its not impossible for you though, trust.

• I'd guarantee that people will still love you, not everyone's so superficial. If that's you in your profile picture you're really pretty, don't worry so much about other people, just be yourself and be confident; you'll attract a lot more people with confidence.

• thank you that is me. it's just hard to accept yourself when so many have been asshole to you

• That's life. Don't let it be confined to high school, I promise that it's a lot bigger, a lot more deep and a hell of a lot more real.

• You look gorgeous in your profile pic. @Bethany-Louise summed it up best "Beauty isn't just skin deep", its all about the total package the inner beauty of your personality and the outer beauty of your looks. I am sure there are plenty of young boys only too willing to date a lovely girl like you.

• Hey gorgeous don't be tensed there is someone for everyone though a person like me will definitely like you 😉 👍

• Sure, but you do need to get thinner on health grounds. But yes plenty of guys would love you.

• Yes, their called chubby chasers. They like big women. You'll do fine just as long as your not a mean cruel bitch with entitlement issues. Just be down to earth and funny, you'll get laid.

• There is absolutely no way the girl in the profile pic is 247 pounds. I'd be shocked if she was 147.

• a girl that ways 247 pounds would eat the girl in the picture. there's just no way.

• You actually have a really pretty face, nice smile and hair. you've been given a lot more than most girls have to work with! I think if you make a good plan on losing weight, you'd be much happier with yourself and gain so much confidence, you'd feel like a brand new person.

• You're actually really pretty.

• Now that I can see your fully body, I have to say you have nothing to worry about. You carry your weight incredibly well. I would still suggest losing weight if you want to be healthier, but you are an attractive girl, regardless.

What Girls Said 3

• Please don't be ashamed of your body.
    I myself am a plus size girl and believe me I know exactly how you feel.

Course there will be plenty of people who find you physically, and mentally attractive.
    And no, it won't just be chubby chasers haha.. It's skinny guys, average guys, larger guys..

Beauty isn't just skin deep. :)

Please don't be ashamed of your body though.. Look at you! You're freaking gorgeous haha.
    If anything, it'll be your insecurities and self esteem that'll ruin your chances of a happy relationship.. Not your size.

You do you! ☺️

• Just read your bio, what comic books do you collect tho :3

• Hey girl. I feel you. I've been judged for my looks all my life. I'm pretty heavy for my height as well I've been told in fat and ugly and have been used for sex only to be told I'm unattractive. But, it took me awhile and I was able to find love. If you really work for it you'll get. And i don't mean work for it by changing yourself i mean work for it by meeting all kinds of people and seeing who you connect with. The more potential partners you meet the more chances when will think you're beautiful and want to get to know you.