Do guys pay attention to a girl's body shape?

I've been curious about this for so long. I just started dating and I wanted to know a few guys opinions about a girl's body shape.

After measuring and calculating I am rectangle shape - chest and hips are about same width and barely defined waist (in metric it's 84 - 66,5 - 82, if anyone's really curious)

Is my body shape hideous? Will my boyfriend dislike me for having a boyish figure (my breasts and butt aren't special either) and my legs aren't really the best either (my upper thighs are flabby and have no gap in between and I have HUGE calves).

My face is a bit below average, don't really understand what does my bf see in me. Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Trying to imagine it's hard. Your hip measurements seems quite small - you're thin overall obviously. In spite of your claims to flab, it sounds like you're just very slim and petite without much in the way of hips.

Post a pic.

In any case, guys DO pay attention. If you have a boyfriend, you should be confident he paid attention and liked what he saw.

• If 1,65 m is petite, why not? :D But thanks :)
      Don't really know what to do with my boy hips, my weight goes into my upper thighs :D

• Okay I meant more slim lol.

I'll call 165 petite if you like, I'm 190cm tall ;)

What Guys Said 5

• Your bf doesn't sound very supportive - It is hard to tell without a pic but looks aren't everything, your personality is much more important.

• My boyfriend keeps telling me he doesn't care if I don;t look perfect but I suppose it's because of my low self-esteem that I don't believe him.

• You are your own worst enemy - Don't get caught up in bad thoughts about yourself.

• That's true, I am my worst critic :)
      Just don't know how to deal with it

• Of course we do, but women pay attention to our body types too.

• Shape is the main thing which makes a girl girly

• I like skinny girls that's all I like ;)

• Yes... they have been doing that since the beginning...

What Girls Said 1

• Looks aren't everything it's personality aswell what you think about yourself as hideous is in another persons eyes beautiful. Your body shape has quite a bit to do with genes and lifestyle maybe become a little bit more sporty if you want a drastic change? But you are beautiful and always know that. Your boyfriend probably loves your inner beauty and is not shallow but if u really wanna know why don't you ask? 😊