Guys, give me your honest opinion?

I swim and I play polo but over the years I've gotten stretch marks and I hate them! I'm so self conscious about wearing suits but like 2 years ago I would walk naked in front of people. But now all I feel is disgusting and I see all my friends wearing jolyns and looking hot in them. I hate bikinis because it's so trendy and I don't have the bravery of wearing one because of my stretch marks. I like this guy and I want to invite him to my pool party but I'm so self conscious of what he'll think of my stretch marks. I'm not ugly I've been told I'm very beautiful I'm also not fat I have an athletic body and I'm nice but still would you date me or even think I'm attractive in a bikin if you saw me? Please don't hold back I've given myself much worse the anyone can. Thank you!!

8

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot depends on how "bad" they are, how extensive, and where. Without that information, I find it hard to reply to the question. And even if I knew exactly what you are seeing, the answer would vary with the guys.

Some guys don't care at all. We have seen stretch marks and know they are normal and can usually be overlooked completely.

Some guys care a little. And some guys care a lot. those guys usually have not yet learned how normal they are. Unfortunately, that is your age group.

The only way to know how any individual will perceive your stretch marks if to let him see them. So I would recommend wearing the swim suit that you want to wear, and invite him. It is most likely that if he is bothered at first glance, he will get used to the idea and overlook them fairly quickly. He may not even be concerned at all. So go ahead. You cannot let things that are less than perfect about yourself ruin your confidence and fun.

I am curious what you meant by 2 years ago you would walk naked in front of people. Did you mean that you actually did (such as at a nudist resort) or that you think it would not have bothered you? And in either case, it shows that you had a confidence in yourself that you should rely on and not worry about the negative things your body has. Stick with the confidence in your body and ignore the small blemishes.

What Guys Said 7

• Stretch marks aren't a turn off for me or any guy I know so I'm sure he won't mind them if he even notices

• I think every guy does depending on what they look for in a girl

• Nah. They're fine. Stretch marks are first world battlescars. I lost 110 pounds and gained 30 pounds of muscle in my early 20s. I have stretch marks like crazy.

Just be fit and rock them scars like a bamf. And also, they fade over time.

• Stretch marks? Gross me out?
    Heck no!

• Without having a baby, how does one get stretch marks?

• Growth spurts. Especially common for girls on the butt and bust.

• Some times stretch marks can add character.

• I think he would love to see you in a bikini

• where's the pic?