How to stop eating too much?

I have been eating non stop these past 4 days due to quitting smoking. I tried sugar free chewing gum when i feel like eating something, but it didn't work i kept on eating whatever's infront of me. I've gained 2kgs in 4 days, thats a lot to gain in just 4 days. How can i stop eating this much? I dont want to gain anymore weight :(

Most Helpful Guy

• that's the shitty thing about smoking, it suppresses cravings and appetite. snack on healthy food items like fruit slices or a handful of almonds.

• Ahh thats the problem.. I dont like healthy foods 😷😷

• I do like almond and pecan and pine nuts. But fruits and veggies...😷😷

• just dont eat too many nuts. the calories really add up quick.

What Guys Said 7

• So pleased you have quit smoking!! Most important thing to do.
    Some tricks that I use:
    Drink plenty of water, especially when you get hunger pangs.
    Exercise as much as possible, so you can only just hold a conversation. (make sure you don't have any health issues that could make this dangerous). Exercise raises blood sugar level and stops you feeling hungry.
    Eat low fat foods where possible. Lighter-than-light mayo, for example.
    Eat wholewheat pasta or bread instead of plain.
    And keep busy, any distraction will help.

• then try eating sth healthier like an apple or a banana maybe?

• My best suggestion is to drink lots of water or flavored water. Why? Because it contains no calories and most people are dehydrated and do not drink enough fluids. Because of that, most of us often think we are hungry when we are really thirsty and dehydrated. Also, drinking lots of liquid will make you feel full and trick your body into thinking it is not hungry because you have so much water in you (i. e. you don't want to eat if you feel bloated.

• I drink lots of water. It doesn't work.

• I would talk to your doctor. This is a common issue when someone stops smoking (which I give you all the credit in the world for : ). I would think that there must be something that can be prescribed for this, given it's usually the case. If this does not work, message me and I'll ask a couple friends of mine who are physicians.

• eat slower, try to limit portions, drink a shitload of water.

Definitely focus on quitting smoking, that's priority #1.

• Find a different distraction, something that keeps your hands busy.

• Like what? I usually cook to distract myself from anything, and its not a good idea to cook when I'm trying to lose weight.

• Anything. Painting, playing a musical instrument, knitting. So long as it's something you enjoy doing and could do all day if need be :)

• Lol did you spend all your money on food?

• Not all.. But most lol

• Aha now start hitting gym if you wanna shred yourself go for jogging early morning and start eating food that cause weight loss :p

• You need to keep busy. If you have nothing going on you'll eat.

What Girls Said 5

• Eat large quantities of lettuce and red peppers or egg plant because these things are low calorie won't make you fat. Also egg plant is very cheap.

• You don't really need to stop eating so much, just eat healthier and work out. I eat like a pig but I try to eat mostly healthy food and a normal meal and lots of water will fill you up, try different kinds of drinks as well, lots of juices make me feel really full. Honestly gaining a little weight isn't that bad, smoking is a lot worse for you and because you just quit recently you're still adapting to doing without it so give it some time, just try to take better care of yourself in general.

• I take multivitamin supplement and it works for me. It reduces my appetite.

• Try to forget about food and find something constructive to do... when i would go through a tough time instead of eating i would just paint aIl day would do it for hours and forgot what i wanted to eat.

• Ahh I don't really like painting. I cook, this is what I usually do to distract me from whatever i dont want to think about. And cooking means making food, this would lead me to gain more weight 😷😷

• Okay lol then find something else that you like doing other than cooking..

Or you can stick cooking with low fat types of foods you know...

• Lol, work out or do something else to distract your thought from eating all the time

• I'm planning on working out next week :). But srsly, 2 kgs in 4 days, that would mean 3,5kgs in 7 days. thats like 7 lbs in a week. Thats not cool, at all. I would look like a pig by next month lol.

• Lol, ngga lah, biasanya kan tuh 2 kg bisa keluar di toilet hihihi XD

• Itu dia ga bisaaaa. Omg parah banget ini, sampai kakakku baru ketemu sabtu kmrn trs ketemu lagi hari ini bilang gendutan : kan ga lucu