I feel like I look better in pictures Than in person... isn't that misleading?

If i post my picture on a dating site. I get like hundreds of inbox messages in a minute. People are always trying to talk to me but in person no one really notices me...

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) you cannot go by online dating sites. Women get barraged with emails online. I am very much in favor of online and that is how I date. But my sister, who found her husband on POF. com, said at least 75% of emails are from scumbag guys just looking for sex, married, too young, etc...
    So don't compare online to real life. I send emails to women online but I would never just walk up to a woman that I met on the street and ask her out.
    2) some people photograph really well. When I was finally ready to date after my unwanted divorce, I guess I was trying to put it off a little bit more so I picked 5 women that, just based on the picture, were way out of my league. 2 I did not hear from, 1 was a real bitch and the answer was nasty, and the other 2 I dated. Once I fell in love with and am currently dating.
    But when I met the 2 I did date, they were definitely not out of my league. So pictures can be misleading.

What Guys Said 5

• It's the same case with me as well! I somehow feel that I look better in pictures, than in person.

But it's NOT your fault, so as long as you don't artificially enhance your appearance in pictures (using Photoshop or something), you aren't misleading anyone.

• you're photogenic. nothing wrong with it.

• Well, people are more desperate on dating sites and probably more courageous.

• I'm the opposite, I'm not photogenic at all

• The boundaries are less obvious online and it's a bit detached which means people will be bolder over the internet than they will be IRL. Incidentally, I look better in the flesh than I do in pictures :/ lmao

What Girls Said 4

• I am the opposite; I look better in person than in photos or video. Although video is better than photo. But, online people might be more bold versus online, since it's not a face to face. That doesn't mean people aren't noticing you, you might not be aware of them. :) I sometimes have Bitchy Resting Face (when I'm not smiling) oddly enough, and people still talk to me in person.

• On a dating site people are looking for one thing. In real life what you want and what the person next to you wants differs.

• well try asking people you know, do you look better in pictures or in person?

• If you feel that way because you get a lot of messages online rather than people noticing you in real life, it might be the way you carry yourself. The same thing happens to me too. I also thought I looked better on pictures. But actually when I meet those people in person, each and everyone of them has akways told me I look better in person. I was wondering for awhile why there was no one in real life who asked ny number in real life. And that led me to a conclusion that it's because of my gesture and body language.