What body shape do guys prefer?

Is there any specific body type that guys prefer or do you not mind? I feel that girls are self conscious because of magazines that show very thin women and teens and girls aspire to be like them however there is a change because models that have different shapes and sizes are now also being presented in magazines but I still feel as though there are negative views on plus size women or girls that are curvy But also negative views on thin women, which I dont understand as everyone has different shapes and people should move past that. Myself I have a pear shaped body where my lower half is bigger than my upper half, some would say an hourglass figure however my bust is slightly smaller than my hips, and I was wondering if girls have the same problems with me where you feel self conscious and dont have enough confidence as you feel that most of the girls you are surrounded by are smaller than you. But I have began to realise that I am comfortable in my own body and everyone has doubts about what they look like especially body related and it is also how you carry the weight that you have with you.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 12

• Everyone has their own preference, there is no guaranteed 100% loved by all guys body shape.

Mine is for skinny/athletic.

• personally i prefer apple-shaped basically...

• I like athletic body shape

• Here is a secret for you, there is a group of guys who like each female body type. Not all will ever like the same thing but many will like each type. don't worry about it.

• thanks for the advice, i wasn't really worried about it, its more the fact trying to get opinions on what body types guys prefer and help for people with similar questions that would like answers and I know that some people have a certain prefernce over others. But thanks 😊

• Hour glass. Hips and ass. Dont care about tits at all just me

• As long as she's not really overweight or underweight I don't really care about a girl's body shape

• Pear sized. i don't mind boob size :D

• I prefer the hourglass shape. Curves and lots of them in all the right places.

• pear shaped with nice soft big thighs, butt and belly.

• Curvy all the way

• But how curvy because you could just have regular curves for example bust waist, ass and thighs. But there's also if women dont have a flat stomach, some consider it as a curve would you?

• yes i would consider as a curve

• thin small boobed and athletic

• I do care about body shape. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm turned off by excessively overweight or underweight women. I like people who are closer to average and healthier looking.

As for your shape, pear is the second best shape, so you don't need to worry at all. Of course hourglass is slightly better, but I'd never turn down a pear shape because they are super attractive to me

What Girls Said 2

• It depends on the guy, some like curvy, some like athletic, some like straight, and some like chubby.

• Guys all want a skinny/curvy hybrid basically thin and petite but big perky ass and tits. It isn't very common but it doesn't stop it from being ideal, your best bet is to just give up and eventually you will find someone who will settle for you, there aren't enough of these perfect women to go around men just need time to realize it. Men are shallow but there is some hope !

• I guess to an extent this is true, men have such high expectations for women nowadays, like you have to be skinny but have a big ass and breasts and it just doesn't work that way. But much research shows that now men prefer curvier women.

• I didn't say I hated skinny girls, in fact sometimes I dd envy them because every girl has gone throught that stage of wanting to be thin but you learn to love what you got, whether you're skinny, curvy or average. I feel as though all girls are hated on nowadays, its either because you're too skinny or too curvy and i hate that, its just why can't people be happy with what us girls have, if im skinny so be it if im curvy so be it, every size is beautiful and if we want to worry about our size dont make it your problem (to those that have one). And in no way am I hating on skinny girls, everyone has issues whatever your size and I didn't mean to come across as mean

• Well im glad that you understand, i dont think any of us are happy unless we are perfect so lets not give each other a hard time. :)