I'm really ugly, and need help. Any ways I can make myself feel better?

I know this'll sound like I'm just complaining, and am too young. But I'm thirteen, and I genuinely know I'm ugly. I'm not trying to say this in an attention-whore kinda way even though it sounds like it. I have a long nose that protrudes out, I have a lot of acne, I have a an uneven skin color, I'm kinda chubby, I have a fat face, and Am flat in my boobs and butt. The only thing I kinda like about me is the color of my eyes. I have no talents in anything like drawing or singing. I've never had a boyfriend or anybody say they had a crush on my my entire life. i just feel like I won't have anybody love me if I can't look at least average. I'm can't afford and am too young for plastic surgery. I've never had anybody say I'm pretty unless I say that I think I'm ugly, and all the girls compliment everyone else at my school. im having extreme self-confidence issues and can't talk to new people because I'm scared they'll laugh at me when I leave. Even my friends said I looked like I had a squidward nose and I just had to pretend to laugh with them. I just don't know what to do, and need someway to make myself feel or look better (Im terrible at putting on makeup). And please don't say looks don't matter, because I know that they do a lot.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being an extremely self conscious person myself, I understand your pain. Just try your best. Most of the not so great looking girls in my school don't look so great mainly because they don't try to look great. Their hair is always greasy and it just seems like they don't try. First of all just make sure your clean! Wash your hair everyday if it gets greasy easily and wash your face every morning also, that should help with the acne. Next, take care of that acne! I had a huge acne problem when I was 11 and 12ish (yeah I know I'm an early bloomer but whatever) and i suggest acne cream. You're going to get the occasional pimple but to reduce the acne I suggest clean and clear. It's an over the counter acne cream. You can wear it during the day or at night, it is clear so you can't really notice if your wearing it during school, and it's not gooey or anything. If that doesn't help ask your doctor to prescribe something for you. Also some guys don't like girls with big boobs and a big butt. If your chubby then maybe make healthier choices. You don't have to turn anorexic or anything but maybe cutting out pop and fast food and just saving it for occasion would be a smart idea. If you need any help or just feel like talking to someone feel free to message me anytime :)

What Guys Said 5

• Puberty is a wonderful thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/QCnasWo.jpg

• It wasn't very kind to ron or harry...

• @Octavion
      well it's a lottery lol
      people who are good looking as a kid puberty usually ain't as kind

• I'm sorry you feel that way. Here is my advice, based on my own experience:

Trying to "fix" your appearance or personality due to insecurity doesn't really work.

I just wasted a lot of time only seeing my bad sides and trying to somehow make them disappear, through exercise and other things. I put myself through really unpleasant things because I felt so bad about myself and wanted the affection of others.

Looking back, it was time and life down the drain, and it only made me hate myself more, because I could never live up to my own expectations.

I really feel the same way about "fixes" such as plastic surgery. I see them as a way of avoiding the hard, but necessary task of accepting and valuing yourself. I very much fear that after people have the surgery, the insecurity remains, because really the nose/boobs/whatever was just a convenient focus for their self-loathing. Once it is changed, I think they will find something else they are unhappy with.

I am so glad you said you like the color of your eyes. What color are they? I think you should try to be grateful for those eyes of yours. Really appreciate the luck you have had in getting those eyes. Draw attention to them, if you feel like it. Use them on the boys :)

The rest of your appearance, leave it alone. Let it be. Accept that those are your genes, that is how you turned out, and that is okay. If other people hurt your feelings with comments on your appearance, take that more as a sign of their thoughtlessness than of anything wrong with you. And steer clear of them. Is it fair to make fun of people for how they were born? Is it any better than making fun of their skin color or sexuality? Look for people who will value you for who you are, and see your beauty.

Above all, look for happiness and health and love. Those are what matter. If no boys have complimented you, turn it around. If there is a boy you are attracted to, compliment him instead.

I think you can be happy.

Hugs

• Be more confident. (No other way to say that xD) Put yourself into active clubs then you can meet new friends and try to get a more active healthy lifestyle. Order some anti acne products to help clear yourself up. And I'm not sure about the makeup part but literally youtube is filled with those kind of how to videos. Yes, you're right Looks do matter to most, but no need to exaggerate how much they matter. Besides you're young after all and life is just starting for you.

• We're all gonna make it.

• Your only 13!!! You will grow into your beauty trust me

What Girls Said 6

• alright, i understand you arnt just complaining to complain. i like that. that means you can get on to fixing stuff. i will tell you what to do if you really wanna look and feel better:
    exercise
    get a push up bra
    use cerave foaming face wash and pm poisturier in addition to a perscription acne cream called benzaclin (or a generic brand of it)
    look up youtube videos of how to do makeup, you can even find makeup videos of how to reduce nose size
    learn to pick clothes that accent ur features (eye color, anything to make you look more curvy
    get some self confidence! and i know this is not as easy as it sounds and no amount of anyone telling you you are beautiful will fix how you feel inside. but once you feel it for yourself? you'll be absolutely unstoppable!!
    talk to your friends about the nose thing just be like "hey guys i know you think its funny, but hey it hurts a bit, so lay off huh? thanks:)"
    focus on yourself and your grades
    know that what you look like right now is not permanent, and even though it may suck right now, but it will get better, puberty's a female dog but it does help. plus, the most fun and interesting people i know have the ugly duckling syndrome where tehy were unattractive when yougnand so had to develop a personality, now EVERYONE wants to be around them, good luck! you'll be fine:)

• You grow into yourself and become yourself. By the time you're 16, you'll feel better, and by the time you're 18 you'll be a developed, happy, confident person. Everyone feels awkward and ugly and insecure at that age, it will go away -- best advice I can give you now is to not care what people think and learn to feel confident with yourself and who you are.

• If you want to feel better try wearing diferent clothes taking more pride in your appearance and if you don't want to be chubby eat healthier but only change for yourself not to fit societies standards of beauty the best advice I can give to you is to build up your self esteem and be more confident in yourself I used to have appearance issues to i am pretty tall and really skinny so i would get called giraffe and skeleton and peolpe would tell me to eat so i would come home crying all the time and to gain weight I would eat chips and other un healthy foods that made me feel netter but eventually i just stopped caring and now i am confident in who i am and you should be too

• girl have u been through puberty? if no, so shut up and wait for it, I am sure things will change A LOT! and u r just 13 I am 15 and i have never dated anyone so don't go on the dating thing. if u have reached puberty than wait for it too work, u have just entered teenage!

• this was just physical advice!
      internally : try being yourself, open up a little more , i know what it is to be shy but u need to open up, one thing more and please TRY THIS! start yr day by complimenting yourself and make yourself believe that u r one pretty bitch, start loving yourself for GOD'S SAKE!

• Work on your personality