How do people have the confidence to post a "How do I look picture"?

I have thought about posting a question to see what people think of me but then all I can think is the negative comments I could get and that makes me decide not to. So do people just genuinely not care if they get bad comments or do they just think they are hot enough stuff that they don't think they will get any. Maybe my self-esteem is just really bad compared to others... I don't know... thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• hmm i mean who from this site do you actually know or will actually get to know well? we're (mostly) all strangers, so it's a bit less biased, and even if you get horrible comments half of them are jealous/rude/asshole pricks who dont matter anyway
    but you look pretty so hopefully that boosted the self-esteem :)

What Guys Said 8

• This site is rather anonymous, even if you use your username on your posts. You can ask your friends that question - how do I look? - but you can't trust that you will get an honest answer. Same is true for family members. Where else can you get an honest assessment. When I respond, I try to make constructive suggestions (like "you're cute but get rid of the black fingernails.")

• Well here's the thing, commonly the people who post these know exactly what they are going to hear, if they are told they are good looking in real life they post to get more boost to self esteem. If they are told they are not so good looking in life, the people here won't usually say "you are ugly", so they can expect some sort of compliments, so it's advantageous for both parties.

• I've done it once and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I wish I didn't give a fuck but I do.

• From what I have seen it seems to be a positive expierence for most very few nasty comments. You might surprise yourself if you did it and get better comments than you expect. As I have said in the past often the harshest critic of you is yourself.

• Maybe so but I feel like I would get horrible things but you definitely could be right.

• You are judging yourself again and thinking the worst - I bet you are pretty

• Thank you

• i mean you can do it anonymously xD

• I know but I could still get horrible comments and it would still affect me.

• you will get comments from both sides of the spectrum and in the end it won´t have helped you at all :D at least that´s what it was like for me.

• OMG WHAT IS THIS HORRIBLE CREATURE
    sik nah you look fine don't worry about it

• Its usually a matter of not caring or just wanting attention. Or just curiosity to know what people think. Either way I think it takes a certain level of confidence to do it. I went a little far once on here and went full nude... head to toe full nude...

• 5/10

... ...

• I wasn't looking for a rate because I didn't want responses like that...

What Girls Said 8

• I used to do it when i was younger, i was really into yahoo answers and they were always negative comments with a few nice ones speckled in there. I advice against it because a picture is just a picture, in person your energy, stance, and attitude plays a huge role in how attractive you are, in my opinion. Some people find it fun though

• I think people just want to know and that's why they do it. Personally I'll never post one of those because I don't really care what people think of me. And I think it's not what others think that matters it's what you think. People of the Internet are cruel.

• I won't even set myself up for it. I've gotten horrible comments from people without asking how I look lol. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not
    bold enough or confident enough to do it.

• I felt the same and just did it. Nobody knows you in reality so why care? They will never meet you or pay your bills.

• Everyone who post a "how do I look" picture runs the risk of getting negative feedback. But just think of how much positive feedback you could get. That's what I'd do. Also you have to be willing to take the good with the bad.

• I've also wondered about that but I guess people are just confident in themselves that they aren't scarred by what other people say. If you can get past the bad criticism then maybe you can post it.

• I asked this question before too, cause I would be crushed

• after u been rejected million times, easy !!