What is the ideal height?

I'm in 8th grade and I'm 5'7-5'8ish is that really abnormally tall. Very self conscious about it. Answer honestly.

• 5'7 in 8th grade. To tall?
  • 5'7 in 8th grade. Normal?

Most Helpful Guy

• considering that 5'4 is the average height for girls, 5'7 is kinda tall but not abnormally so. Right now most guys probably haven't hit their growth spurt but once you get into highschool and guys start to catch up your height shouldn't be a problem. 5'7 is a pretty good height for a girl, you're tall enough that you have decent legs and proportion but still shorter than most guys.

short answer: chill out , you'll be fine :)

What Guys Said 11

• It is tall for an 8th grader but that's not a bad thing. Tall girls can look very nice. I remember a tall girl in my high school. She was liked by many many guys. So don't feel unattractive.

• Average female height in the US for an adult is 5'4''. I personally consider my ideal height for a girl to be 5'2'' - 5'4'', but I'm short.

• It is tall, but only because the guys have not grown yet for the most part. give it 3-4 years and I would say that is a great height for a woman! In fact I usually only like 5'7ish or taller as I am tall myself.

• it is tall... but not abnormally tall of course :-)

• It's a great height actually; practically perfect.

• It's just the rate you're growing. It'll slow soon and hey you'll still be taller than average and that is not a bad thing.

• Anything under 6 feet is fine with me for a girl

• Well girls hit puberty before boys, so it's probably normal. I was probably 5'8 in 8th grade.

• I do not think it is not normal, but it is definitely above the average.

• yes you are tall but no worries there's a guy out there for you

• Well, it's not going to do you any good to be self-conscious about it. It's not like you can do anything to change it.

Just own it, and if anyone's got a problem with it, they can fuck off.

What Girls Said 7

• You might not grow anymore, so don't worry about it too much. I stopped growing in the 6th grade! I was a little taller than most.

• It's very tall for a girl your age.

You are taller than the average adult woman.

• you're tall, but girls hit their growth spurt early... i guess you dont need to worry about being short and not growing (like me aha)

• I was tall when I was your age but I stop growing. Girls just grown earlier than boys. Once you get older you will stop growing and soon the boys will chetch up. Your are uniquene enjoy it.

• That's tall. I was about your height in 8th grade. I'm 5'9 now. Tall is good.

• It's not that tall. No need to be self-conscious about it. You're a good height

• about the age thing, I had a growth spurt when I was 13. Don't worry, most of the boys will catch up soon they just tend to have growth spurts older

• That is not abnormaly tall.
    You are normal for you.
    Nearly super model height !

When I was in school the girls liked being tall and it was seen as cool.
    Boys take longer to grow and you might notice girls shorter than you are taller than or always will be taller than some of the boys.

Embrace your long legs. It's not a bad thing!