How to get guys to stop calling you hot and start calling you beautiful?

Most Helpful Guy

• Or you just stop demanding compliments from people altogether? lol

• Not demanding at all

• Well there's the problem: you assume that me mentioning self-esteem automatically infers that I'm saying yours is poor. Don't be so quick to grind an ax, especially when we're both anonymous. Some people might be petty online, but I'm not one of them. If you do run into someone who is, it's just as easy to ignore them than to pick a fight to "defend your honor" or whatnot.

But the basic gist of my answer was: why worry about what other people call you? You can't control everyone and you shouldn't make it such an important point to shape the compliments that do come your way. That's focusing a little too much on the wrong things, rather than accepting a compliment for what it is and then moving on.

Make sense?

• Yes.

What Guys Said 11

• I agree with one of the others hot is a physical appraisal but beautiful takes in whole package personality and all.

• The word "Beautiful" is just not in a guy's dictionary these days. It has changed to "Hot".

• I disagree, I'll call a girl beautiful if I think she is however it includes personality and behavior as well

• Some context would be useful. Are you saying guys just generally call you hot when you would rather beautiful. If so, the answer is either the type of guys you meet, or you are giving them a reason to call you 'hot'. Also hot is a word for a non-relationship, I wouldn't say my girlfriend was hot, it's crude.

• sadly it just depends on the guy, the way he sees you. when i talk to a girl i usually call her beautiful because i know she'll get the wrong idea if i call her hot (which means im only looking at the body and her looks) where as beautiful defines the whole package ;)

• Dress conservatively and be intelligent, respectable.
    Like a sundress And don't talk like a valley girl.
    "Eww"
    "I know right"
    "Totally"
    "Random"
    "Omg"
    All things that make a girl look basic

• When I see a girl and I don't know her I'd refer to her as hot when I'm interested I'd use the word beautiful

• Unfortunately in today's society you will only find a minute amount of people who actually use the term beautiful, I am one of the few that use the term. However it's very hard to find the guy

• Be less sexy, I guess. Dress conservatively. Look at guys' eyes when they look at you. Allegedly, the pupil dilates if they really dig you (rather than just wanting to fuck).

• Stop showing so much cleavage and stop wearing super tight clothing.

• I didn't realise there was a difference.

What Girls Said 7

• Guys are guys, they will usually focus more on your body than your face.

• You can't control people's perception - you can only control how you present yourself.

Im wondering how you present yourself? Do you dress provocatively or modestly?

• I don't know guys usually call beautiful, sexy, cute girls hot anyway. I think it only changes when they get to know you personally. You can always tell them that you don't like being called hot and that they should call you beautiful instead, guys listen most of the time.

• You can't. Unfortunately.

• if he didn't call you beautiful from the start he's meh

• I believe that makes you "meh" as well

• And why is that? I didn't want to call my boyfriend "hot" when we were first flirting because I wanted him to know I was genuine and didn't think of him in a shallow or just sexual way. I told him he was gorgeous and handsome and now that we've been together for a while and he knows exactly what he means to me I call him hot sometimes. But in the beginning of things calling someone hot just seems like you want a cheap hook up. The same went for him when he was first flirting with me he avoided calling me hot and opted for beautiful instead to let me know he was looking for something serious not just a hook up. I honestly don't know what makes you mad about that but whatever!

• well some guys use them interchangeably, and they mean generally the same thing - you look good

• Tell them you want to be called a beaut.