What does it mean when someone says "you have big eyes"?

is that a compliment or an insult and i get it (ALOT)

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 12

• Usually a compliment. Of course there are people who would say it as an insult. Since you get that a lot then it's most likely a compliment. I doubt that a lot of people would be insulting you based on your eyes.

• "Goodness, what big eyes you have!"
    ("The better to see you with")

• it means - they think your eyes are big. it can be a compliment or an insult depending on the guy saying it, everyone is different. i personally dont mind big eyes, they might actually suit you really well. i'd like to see a picture of your eyes, and maybe i can take away that insecurity u have right about now having so many guys say it to you, but you never know, most of them may actually be complimenting u ;)

• Wait, now that i think about it hahaha, they may not be referring to the eyes you have in mind hahah, if you know what i mean ;)

• I would take it as a compliment

• It's typically a compliment.

• Big eyes can be a good thing or a bad thing I don't know, post a picture of your eyes and then will see

• Ita not really an insult or comment in my opinion. Just a comment. Certainly not a bad trait, I think big eyes can be cute.

• It's just a compliment, I wouldn't read too much into it.

• I think it's a compliment usually

• It usually means that you have a bald spot right on the middle of your head.

• umm I think its a complement

• I'll go with complement.

https://youtu.be/TObKuyujpIY

What Girls Said 14

• It is a compliment.

• Just like it sounds your eyes are big. Usually it's s compliment and people like it.

But if they're huge, bug eyed, or kind of pop out then it might not be a good thing.

• Its definitely a compliment.

• It can be both but I think it's neither. Someone said you have big eyes.

• I used to be self conscious of my eyes because everyone told me they were big too but then I realized it's a compliment. Big eyes are beautiful (:

• It can be either, just depends whether they think big eyes are attractive or not

• compliment usually

• It sounds like a compliment

• It's a compliment :)
    Big eyes are beautiful.

• It means your eyes are larger than normal. Depends on what the person likes but I think it should be "you have big beautiful eyes" or "i love your big eyes" to be a compliment. Big eyes are pretty dope though.

• typically its meant as a compliment

• It literally mean you have big eyes. Thats what i would think.

• It means you are an owl

• Compliment it means u have big eyes lol