He told me I need to tone my shoulders.. :s?

I've been seeing this guy for a while and we hang out/ hook up every week and we get along well. He's very athletic looking with big arms and nice abs, while I'm fairly thin and have a flat stomach, but not muscular by any means. I say my problem area are my thighs and butt because theyre a bit on the bigger side compared to the rest of my body ie. pear shaped.

The other night when we were hanging out he told me I should tone up more and I'm like yeahh ahahah.. summers coming. Then he pointed out right away that I should tone my shoulders... which is the last thing I'm insecure about. Here's a picture of my shoulders area: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=bg1jma&s=8#.VUE4MDckqQw wtf does he mean by that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Meaning more dense, rounded shoulders. I think that's what he means.

But seriously, you look fantastic. Similar shoulders to my GF, slim. Looks great to me!

What Guys Said 10

• I understand maybe a bit of weight work to tone upper arms and shoulders.

• He wants to carve yourself in the way he wants to see you. I don't see any problems in your shoulder because you have a great collar bone and neck. I just can't see the problem. Your upper body part seems attractive to me, regardless of what he said. Be happy, Be you! :)

• They look fine to me. I wouldn't want a girl to get bulky shoulders.

• Do you mean more muscular as in to make my arms a little bigger/less bony?

• What I meant by "bulky" is getting a lot of bulky muscle definition. It's great for girls to do exercises to keep good tone, but I don't care for the bulky weight lifter look on girls. It's just my preference. Frankly, I have no idea what this guy was getting at. Your body, including your shoulders, looks really great the way it is.

• I think shoulders are sexy to look at on a girl. I kind of see his point maybe a little more shoulder on you will make you extra sexier in his eyes. It doesn't have to have definition just something a little more there. I hope this makes sense.

• your shoulders are fine, in proportion to the rest of your bod. but toning up in general, is not a bad idea for anyone. it can only make you look sexier...

• Ehh I don't know what that even means. They look fine.

• You look good, it looks fine to me

• He means work out your shoulders.

• I was gonna ask him if he meant it because I have a bony back… but wasn't sure

• You look good

• post a pic of ur lower body pls (i like legs)

What Girls Said 5

• I think you look great. What I've noticed working out and dancing for many years is that men's and women's training are very different most of the time and that's because girls don't want the same things as guys. Athletic men have a very different view on body than we do. Toning up shoulders makes a man look very masculine, but in no way it's the first thing a girl should take care of. Remember also that if you start working out, you will have to work on your entire body... it's not gonna look good if you only tone up a single area.

• he's a bastard. get rid of him.

• they look fine!
    maybe he means deltoids.. it's that muscle that's really prominent when you have jacked arms lol

• I wish I had your body!

• I don't know why he would say that. You look fine plus if you're shoulders get huge and everything else is slender than that's not a good look