Which coffee table should I get?

Moving into a new pad and doing some interior designing. Not sure what I should do for a living room table. I could get just-another-standard-IKEA piece, or be creative. Here's my 2 creative ideas:

Chalkboard coffee table:

Which coffee table should I get?
http://www.ikeahackers.net/2014/06/hemnes-coffee-table-chalkboard.html

Or:

Aquarium coffee table

http://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Tropical-Square-Aquarium-Coffee/dp/B000R7ITUO

The aquarium table is pricey though, debating it's value.

• Chalkboard table
  • Acquarium table
  • IKEA piece
  • I don't give a fuck
Chalkboard would be super fun to just draw and write shit you know?

The aquarium is super cool but high maintenance, could cause problems.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• The aquarium one looks really cool, and would be a great conversation piece when you have people over. I would just be concerned about the maintenance.

• The second one is super awesome!

• I have to say the aquarium looks pretty amazing, though if the rest of your room gets messy/is colourful, it will take away from the effect of the coffee table...
    plus, cleaning is a hassle and do you really want the sitting area to smell like fish?
    make you judgement based on the rest of the room and how much time you're willing to dedicate caring for a table

• ok the Aquarium is cool but lets be real, that would need upkeep and you need to change the water every month, needs lights rocks, fish. Id likely go with Ikea

• I LOVE THE AQUARIUM ONE!

• It honestly depends on how your home all together is decorated. The chalkboard one could blend in with more furniture and it would probably be more durable. If you want something to show off to your friends, get the aquarium one. If you constantly collaborate or want something where it won't be serious if people write or spill something on it, get the chalkboard one. Maybe you could get both.

• I was Jking about the shark, but some starfish would be pretty rad

• That would have been cool though, but it would have still probably been too small even for the breed that doesn't grow big.

• Get the second one... maybe.
    Do you want to have to clean that thing out? Is it worth it?
    I would. It's creative. original, and fucking amaze! DUDE...

• I like the chalkboard one

• omg that aquarium I love... I just keep thinking of potential problems with it lol

• ahhh this question is pretty cool. There is a concept of feng shui where it states that you bring certain elements into your home to create balance. So maybe if you could take a picture of your living space that would give an idea.

The aquarium is definitely unique but in terms of function I think it is too much of 'Yang' energy. This yang energy can manifest in forms of headaches maybe.

But the most suitable table also depends on the environment surrounding the table as well.

• BUT, I would say having an aquarium table would be quite of a display (lol lol) and if that is what you are all about then.. yeah there ya go lol. But I would be about the function and the balance of the elements. It also makes sense to have an aquarium table if you are in some kind of sunny location with open spaces I guess.

• Well I must add that I would be about the balance of the elements, BUT also the style as well.

• I vote for A. Simple is better. Less is more.

• Maintenance for aquariums is way harder than you'd think. It becomes very expensive and time consuming. Just an FYI to help with your decision.

• I'd probably end up killing several fish and just add another monthly bill to buy more fish lmao

• The aquarium one looks awesome! But you'd have to maintain it and I bet it must be pricey, the chalkboard is cool too, and Ikea has some awesome tables too, I'd say aquarium one though

What Guys Said 11

• The fish tank table is going to be a pain to clean and if it were to ever crack that would not be fun.

• aquarium looks more kewl basically...8)

• The aquarium is high on the cool factor and definitely can be a subject to talk about whenever you have guest in the house.

For practical purpose though, just get the chalkboard.

• aquarium or live on the streets

• Lol with California rent I am definitely considering the streets trust me haha.

• Simpler is better, as you can save some money from it and utilize it somewhere else in interiors to keep a balance

• The aquarium table would be cool but would also be major pain in the dick to maintain!!! Just get a regular fucking coffee table man. No one's going to give a shit anyway.

• But broooo sex-on-an-aquarium that would be a new milestone in my life

• Lol I would be drawing all sorts of shit, but probably not that

• Nah, chicks like that shit bro.

• I like the chalkboard better than the aquarium one.

• the aquarium table is badass, on the other hand it would be a bitch to clean

• The aquarium is nice but I think it'd require too much maintenance. I'd say the first one.

• My thoughts too. High maintenance, hard to move that shit. It could break and cause problems. It's really cool though! Tough decisions here.

• Go buy some really random big object from a reclamation yard (or even eBay), and use your DIY skills to turn it into a one-of-a-kind coffee table.

• IKEA makes some nice designed furnite with affordable price really. But it is not so durable, as far as I know. If you want to get a really good furniture for you house with will last for a long time, go for some bespoke one from brand like http://www.paolomarchetti.com/ Thay make very good products, I like them a lot honestly. Look for their works on the website.