Can you be too fancy for prom?

I'm going to prom and I thibk the dress im wearing will be too fancy.. Its a long dress, its colour dark purple, it is strapless with fabric that is also dark purple that goes around your neck (not sure if I'm describing okay) and its tight at the waist and kinda opens up in "puffyness" as it goes down… I'll post a picture update right now..
I want to kbow if it will be too fancy…

Most Helpful Guy

• The dresses in the update look fine to me.

What Guys Said 3

• Just enjoy and have fun. You'll look great in either of those dress. If they are not fancy enough, then all eyes on you.

• yes it looks too fancy for a chaperone. You are going as a chaperone right? your not some weirdo going with your son right?

• Hah , no sorry, I'm 16 I'm a sophnore.

• your profile is showing 25-29 years old.. thats why i was thinking something was off.. lol

• Did anyone else read that as pr0n or porn? I don't know maybe it's just me...

What Girls Said 5

• That's not too fancy, It's prom, you're SUPPOSED to be fancy ^_^

• depends on your school honestly... if its a more casual prom then it might be too fancy, but if prom is a big deal at your school like it was at mine then nope itll be perfect!

• No way! It's PROM!!! Own it, I bet you'll be beautiful :)

• Naww go all out

• Its prom for God's sake. Rock that dress girl. Own that crown. :D