Why are so many people on here obsessed with this question?

So many people on here ask this or ask people to rate them - why do you want random strangers telling you you're ugly over the Internet? Ha

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol I know right. I think it because we live our life on a show with face book and instagram. so people wanna feel validated because it feels good. Josephine don't you like when some say u look cute today or u smell nice.
    A girl who I'm not ready attracted to said I smelled nice and it made my day. I tell guys on the street nice shirt it cool and I watch them smile.(no homo lol jk) and yeah they might see people I. Relationships and envy them and say why can I have that what does that person have that I dont.

Last but not least this is a great way to get a straight up answer from the opposite sex. Guys don't ask girls in person do u think I'm handsome. And girls might look insecure lol
    Sorry for the long text hahaha

What Guys Said 15

• Possibly because that's the attraction.
    People who they don't know who can't be bothered with social niceties. They want truthful answers and cease the illusion created by social etiquette.

• Two groups ask.

The largest group is attractive young women who are insecure. They are pretty sure they look decent but want validation.

The smaller group really isn't sure. It's useful to know where you stand. I'd humbly suggest that for most guys unless he's an 8.5+, he's barely getting approached. I think a lot of guys - most of us being somewhere between 4 and 7 - aren't too sure where in that range we are.

• Sometimes people have insecurities which is ok; many of us do or they are simply bragging and know exactly how good looking they are.

• I guess they can't walk up to there class mates and say hey rate me or there co workers so they do it here

• feels like you want to ask this question but are afraid of the results.. people ask these questions because they want to know how attractive they are should be obvious

• Nope I don't feel the need to personally ask this question to randoms who I'll never meet and don't need to know their opinion on how I look to be honest. I don't think it's thah obvious; I think there's an element of 'desperateness

• What can I say, I have a degree, I'm able to make valid points🎓

• thats nice what is the degree in?

• one word. INSECURITY. Notice almost all these askers are under 25?

• i write everyine beatiful to make them happy :)

• for honesty, random people you dont know will be honest because they won't get shit for calling you ugly and if that what you want, to honestly get told if your ugly or not then here's the place to do it

• There are worse things one could ask.

• I haven't asked rate me question...
    Nor I am interested...

• because the truth is we all wanna look amazing but in most cases most of us are regular looking

• It is pretty anonymous no body cares

• i give you a 8

• So, i can have the confidence from people who talk crap

• they don't get attention in the real world obviously.

What Girls Said 4

• Attention whores and maybe a guy to sextext with from GAG.

• a few reasons: either they are genuinely curious on how others view them, they need affirmation that they're good looking, or just out of pure fun really.

• i've never understood it

• They need help with their self confidence.