Girls, I look better in the mirror?

I look really bad in photos. My face looks fatter, I appear ghost white, and my body just looks weird. When I look in the mirror I feel confident and I get compliments a lot, however, I feel self conscious when people want to take pictures. Are pictures how we really look?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• Pictures are what you look like in a split second. Your facial expression changes often, you move a lot, lighting and angles change in real life. What you look like in a picture isn't necessarily what you really look like, its what you looked like in that second, maybe add in bad quality from the camera as a factor. Also we're used to our mirror image so what we look like in pictures just seems weird.

• So do we look more like we do in a mirror?

• Well the mirror image you see is backwards. if you have a mole on your left cheek in the mirror, it's actually on the right. if your left nostril is slightly larger in the mirror, your right nostril is actually larger. so yes we do look like how we look in the mirror but there's a definite difference. also people tend to fix their hair and look at themselves from flattering angles, so there's that.

truthfully we'll never experience what we really look like

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah that's why I don't like taking pictures sometimes. The mirror is much better. Photos can alter how you look

• Nope I don't think picture are very accurate. One can use lighting and angles and filters to manipulate the picture.

• be confident in your self and smile. no one can tell you how you look but you. tell your self your beautiful and thats what you are

• A photo is how people see you. A mirror is a reflection (opposite/reversed) from how people see you.

• Same here..
    I have high cheekbones and it's hard for me to capture