Is it wrong to think I'm good looking?

I'm a guy and I used to be REALLY insecure about my looks so I Improved in the gym and my style etc . I'm actually a real nice person and dont put others down and My friends asked me what I though about myself, I responded "I think I'm a good looking guy" they called me arrogant but I don't know my confidence comes from the fact I get a lot of compliments from the opposite sex even tho I suck at relationships lol.

Was I wrong for verbaly saying that I like my looks?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's wrong, but as much as we encourage everyone to love themselves and not be insecure, in practice people respond better to an extra dose of modesty when it comes to these things. Don't feel bad, though. You don't sound like an arrogant guy, just someone self-aware and happy with himself. That's not a crime.

What Girls Said 8

• No, a bit of confidence is good, what you said wasn't really arrogant, it's something I personally wouldn't have even thought about, I would of laughed at a remark like that and gone on with my life

• Absolutely not! If you have good self confidence then you should showing it. Anyone who thinks you are arrogant for loving yourself is just insecure and jealous that you feel good about yourself and feels uncomfortable that you are able to feel confident because they don't.

• Actually is a big and good step if u were once unsecured about urself. I dont think is bad to treat urself and remind urself that u r hella handsome lol. Is arrogant when u dont care the needs of others but ur own. But i think is good to be confident, confidence and how u carry urself is more beautiful than the outside tho

• No, there is nothing wrong with having confidence. Maybe they mistake your confidence for cockiness.

• Hell no, if they didn't want an honest answer from you than they shouldn't have asked. They asked for your opinion and you gave it to them, there's nothing wrong with that. What was wrong in this situation is that you didn't ask them what they thought that made you sound like.

• No there is nothing wrong thinking highly of yourself as long as you aren't walking around telling everyone also I would of said to them so you want me to say bad things about myself

• i dont think its wrong, unless you're delusional lol

• Well I dont think I'm like the hottest thing ever but I find myself to be quite eye pleasing and well some girls seem to think so too and I'm happy abut that :)

• aha well then good for you, and forget bout the friends who call you arrogant- they're joking or jealous probably

• Naww if your sexy and you know it put your hands in the air

What Guys Said 2

• Your friends are idiots. It would have only been arrogant if you said you thought you were the BEST looking guy.

• I'm not one bit but I do like what I see in the mirror :) I also encourage my insecure friend to "hit" the gym and that I would also help them get fit when they tell me.

• just tell them "Do you Even Lift Bro?"