Is it weird that I enjoy the treatment that comes with a babyface?

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah255/Honeybees246/1430579161_zps3cd1f35b.jpg

I just turned 25, yet I'm told sometimes that I don't look a day over 16 or 17. Of course this means that many times people automatically think of me as a kid, and most people who have ever had a babyface will tell you that the patronizing attitudes
people give you when they think you're "adorable"can get kind of annoying sometimes.

I went to get a haircut a while back and the lady cutting my hair was literally the same age as me (25). She kept calling me kiddo, such as "what are we doing with the sideburns, kiddo?" and etc. She was also a little more assertive with me than her other patrons. If I accidentally leaned my head downwards she would say, "Head up, kiddo" or something along those lines instead of politely requesting (don't get me wrong, she was still very nice).

I know it sounds weird, but instead of getting upset with her, I frequently called her "ma'am" and just did what I was told. I gave her a decent tip and when I came in the next time I overheard her tell another stylist that I was a good kid.

These incidents aren't really uncommon. I'm sure people with babyfaces will agree. The only difference is that I kinda like being seen as innocent and young and normally play along. I have a pretty shy and timid personality so it's kinda nice having an appearance that coincides with those traits.

Is that weird? I'm still a responsible adult with a job and would never dream of hanging around actual teenagers... I just sorta like being perceived as one. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Here's a pic for a reference!

Most Helpful Guy

• It's weird because you don't seem to care about the stigmas that come with appearing to be young and green, rather than mature and experienced.

This is something that irks me and will always irk me because the negative aspects of appearing young have actually prevented me from achieving certain goals with women. You're fortunate to not care about that either. Good for you.

• Eh, it can definitely suck in terms of life development. Believe me, when I have girls that I'm interested in treat me like a child, that definitely stinks.

• And if you aim for younger women that actually are attracted to your looks, you get labeled as a loser, right?

Oh life.

• As long as it's not a crazy age difference I think it's okay. The only problem is a lot of times girls a few years younger than me aren't interested either. I had a 20 year old reject me before and told me I look like a 13 year old. Now that stung.

What Girls Said 3

• I feel that way sometimes too, everyone thinks I'm way younger than I look, I have actually been pulled over by cops on multiple occasions during the day asking why I am not in school... im like I'm in college... or if I go to my sisters high school and I walk around everyone thinks I'm like a sophomore -_- and I literally get id checked everywhere because no one believes in over 18, and it makes it worse because I'm short. But every now and again it is nice being treated like a kid :)

• Lol, I know many times it can suck, but it's nice to finally see someone who doesn't see it as a total disadvantage.

• Society is obsessed with youth.
    So it's not a shock. You are pretty cute though. Just sayin..

• I assume you mean in the adorable sense? Lol. Well thank you regardless.

• If I saw you in real life my first impression would be that you're a good boy. You look really innocent and I would probably be one of the ones treating you like a kid unfortunately, lol.

• Lol, well like I said I honestly kind of like the good boy vibe. I kind of have a timid personality so my appearance sort of fits that. I'm just curious though, are you the same age as me?

• Nope kiddo, I'm 21 years old but I actually look my age lol. No offense, but you on the other hand look like you're still in diapers.

What Guys Said 3

• Gets me free food sometime.

• Best part of it, lol.

• Having baby face wouldn't be to bad if I wasn't 5'6 haha

• A bit strange but each to his own.