How to get rid of acne?

I've recently been getting bad breakouts. Any tips?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you have tried all the off the shelf products then get your mum or dad to take you to the doctor. The doctor may refer you to a dermatologist which can help. I was referred to a dermatologist when I had bad breakouts.

What Guys Said 2

• Get it cleaned on a skin clinic, if you can afford it where you live, and have them suggest you a product to keep your face clean. It helped me for a long while, until it stopped. Some changes in diet can help too on the long run, as well as washing your face regularly.

• anything with benzoyl peroxide like clearasil. it'll dry your skin out so you'll have to use lotion for that but it works very well if you use it every night.

• It's been a long time since i had acne but if i remember correctly benzoyl peroxide works great at preventing new acne not necessarily clearing up existing acne.

What Girls Said 1

• I know this sounds weird, but don't wash your face for a week! Only rinse it gently with warm water, and your break out will fade.

• um.. does that really work?

• Yes! I used to think that the more I washed my face, the cleaner it would be, therefore the less acne I would have! but washing your face strips your skin of all it's natural protective oils and whatnot. Your skin reacts by breaking out. So if you go a week (or more) without washing it, you're allowing your skin to recover. I don't really know how to explain it too well, but my mom is a dermatologist and she explained the whole mumbo jumbo think to me lol but I forgot most of it. Point is, I now only wash my face once a day (at night before going to sleep) and my skin couldn't be better! So i would say stop washing it for a week, then start washing it just once at night and you'll see it clear up.