Is it just me? My mom started laughing at my stretch marks and said I need to cover up

Yesterday I was tanning i got up to go inside and get some water my mom started laughing at my stretch marks and said I need to cover up.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most women have stretch marks (guys too). She is probably so used to you having a young prepubescent look about you. A stretch mark or two shows that you've "lived" some, you've blossomed into a woman. She's laughing because she isn't used to it and just teasing you. You don't need to cover up. It's just a stretch mark.

What Guys Said 8

• Listen, you're pretty cute and you have one hell of a smile. Any guy super worried about stretch marks ain't worth your time.

• hope she was just teasin u... and not laugh at u in a bad way/...:-/

• Parents tend to be insensitive like that. My wife tells me her mum used to say to her "fix your make up you can't go out like that" even though she looks perfectly gorgeous without any make up. It's just a parents thing I guess..

• Laughing indeed was a mean thing to do. But she probably saw it already happen people teasing you before you saw.
    Not dure tho. However do you feel bad about ur mum laughing?

• Nothing wrong with you. However, your mom is wrong. Is she trying to give you low self-esteem? You don't say stuff like that to other people unless you are trying to wrench their pieces.

• ouch. that's not nice of your mom. i'm sure you look fine, and stretch marks are normal anyways, don't pay any attention to it.

• nothings wrong I for one think you look fine...

• nice mom you got there.

What Girls Said 3

• Nope. You are fine! I have a lot of stretch marks too. If you want to get rid of them, or kinda blur the stretch marks, you can try using BIO OIL. It's pretty useful is lessening stretch marks. I had them all over my chest... after a month or so using it, my stretch marks went away.

• Your mom doesn't sound very nice

• She is I guess she was trying to say be careful cover up people might tease you. but laughing was mean

• Everyone has them. You're fine:)