Getting curvy at age 17(almost 18)?

Hey, So I've just gotten curves at age 17 (turning 18 in 2 weeks) and I find it really hard to deal with them 😩
Seriously what is wrong with my body? Usually girls get curves when they hit puberty and get their period so WHY am I just now getting curvy?
I find it so weird and it makes me feel really uncomfortable. I was okay with not having curves and being skinny but now I've gotten so huge and gained 7kg/15pounds/1 stone without changing my eating habits. I am still at a healthy weight but it makes go insane, I really don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• We are all unique and totally individual.. Girls will develop at all different times and you just happened to be an extremely late bloomer.. Now you must learn to enjoy your new figure, complete with curves, which I trust are all in the right places.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm a 19 year old guy, and my back's getting broader and my hips too... It's good this way, I mean, at 6'3 , being thin as a grass stalk certainly doesn't look very flattering...

• oh, and I was a late bloomer too. I think your body image is going to improve a lot !

• Thank you, I am glad that I am not the only one. It's just difficult to deal with because I used to be known as "the skinny one" and now that's not really the case anymore.

• Ha ! I got bullied for being a late bloomer ! I looked nothing like this ( in my profile pic when I was 16-18) and at 16, I was 5'6 and at 13 only 4'11 , I looked like a 10-year-old then. When I see those people who used to harass me today, I think of them as ugly - f*cks.

• You will get use to it you should be thrilled to tell you the truth

• What do you mean by curves?

• Curves are sexy girl. Don't get skinny again.

What Girls Said 1

• i dont get it... whats the problem with curves?
    if theyre 'healthy curves' id say u have that going for u. if it's unhealthy, no dramas, it's just a phase that u could work off by controlling ur eating and movement habits more.