Does this prove that I'm considered "fat" in Turkey (same question in GAG and turkish GAG) ?

So, just about 1 hour ago I asked in the turkish version of GAG if people think that I am fat.
The result is that 1/3 of people think that I am fat and 2/3 voted for "No".

Does this prove that I'm considered
Then I came to GAG and asked the same question with the same photo. I was REALLY surprised that not even one single person voted for "Yes".
Sure, there were people who said that I should work out a little but nobody said that I am fat.

Does this surprise you? What could be the reasons for these different results? Is it just that GAG is nice and polite or maybe that turkish people are skinnier?

TELL ME YOUR OPINION.

Most Helpful Guy

• This site is largely made up of americans, who are amongst the most obese people in the world statistically speaking. They are so use to seeing overweight people on their daily commutes that girls like you look like toothpicks. That's the main reason I think. The diets in Turkey are no doubt better, so you're competing a lot more over there

• I live in America and I rarely see any overweight people in my AGE GROUP. Most of the heavy set people
      I see are middle-aged, probably because their metabolism slows down.

I would have a hard time believing Canada is much different than the United States in this category.

• thanks for mho!

• You're welcome :)

What Guys Said 8

• In the USA we are all kind of big and everyone is use to it. I am sure in Turkey there are a lot of lean people there so thats why they voted that way. But trust me you are not fat.

• Yeah because americans are too damn greedy, big houses , big cars, big mamas, big asses, big people, big mental retardation aaahhhhhhh america

• Run along hater

• Nate's from England, he's still pissed out nation declared independence from his

• eastern standards may differ from western countries, where we few weight and beauty differently...

You are not fat, that is normal weight

• I donot think that u are fat

• Looks slim to me

• You are not fat but not toned either.

• Turkey bende

• I knew that the people were fat and it's ok, but I didn't know that the others are lying on it :D

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif Nope you're aren't fat at all imho

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think it's about being nice and polite. People have no reason to be polite on a question answer site, I think most people are brutally honest here.
    From what I see of your photo, you don't seem fat at all. Fat is overweight, and you are not overweight so I think "no" would be the most common answer. Perhaps western standards are different, and I've also noticed people here are less bothered about physical appearance and will only point something out if it's very very noticeable, but maybe that's just me.

• That's really interesting. It probably has to do with the difference in culture and the different perceptions of what "fat" is. I think there are different standards for being overweight in the West and the East. Most users on this site are from western countries in which, most people would agree you are nowhere near fat. However, in eastern countries, they probably view weight differently which is why some people on the Turkish site voted "yes."

• No you're not fat. From your results from the Turkish version of GAG, you said 2/3 voted that you aren't; therefore, to the majority you ARE NOT fat.

• I have no idea what is the "average" female body in Turkey, so can't speak there, but different regions do have different body standards. In many Asian countries people tend to be much smaller than here in America so many Americans would look clearly out of place over there.

Americans generally are known for being bigger. So obviously what we think is chubby and thin is bigger than what people in many other countries consider chubby and thin.