Why do pretty girls think they are ugly?

Why do pretty girls think they are ugly, when clearly they are not? What's up with this epidemic? Just curious.

0|0
8|15

Most Helpful Guy

• If they're pretty, it means they are constantly competing with other pretty girls. Which causes them to look at themselves in comparison, which sparks insecurity.

We all know how pretty girls battle, it's a war. I mean this applies to girls in general, but especially the good looking ones.

It's why girls hate each other...

3|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• People are their worst critics. We see a girl who's beyond beautiful but she'll only see the imperfection on her body.

3|0
    0|0
  • The majority don't really think they're ugly. The ones who say things like this are acutely aware of their appearance and simply want YOU to give THEM a compliment.

Example; when was the last time you saw Angelina Jolie or Elle MacPhereson (sp?) get on television and slam their own appearance? You dont/wont... What you are witnessing is NOT a lack of self confidence rather, narcissism.

Source: My life of dating beautiful self-centered and self-absorbed women.

Hope I was able to shed some light on the matter for you!

1|0
    0|0
  • I think girls are just naturally insecure about their looks.

2|0
    0|0
  • They don't really believe that. They are just fishing for compliments,

1|0
    2|0
  • Insecurity. Bullying is a reason too, I mean, ugly chicks usually bully the prettier girls, and that causes them to be insecure and feel bad with themselves, causing them to think they're ugly.
    Also, many pretty girls aren't approached by guys due to their beauty, and it makes them wonder if they're ugly since no one shows interest.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a girl but I often think I'm ugly too..

1|0
    0|0
  • there either lying for attention, self conscious. or honestly think there not, maybe a guy they like or a jealous person said so

2|0
    0|0
  • they dont they know exactly how pretty they are trust me

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe childhood insecurities like someone else said.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've met a lot of pretty girls who were "ugly ducklings" in their opinion when they were younger, so I guess a low self esteem kind of sticks with them even though they become more attractive to others when they grow up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ya i think many good looking girls think they are average or something... I don't know why? i am like "damn so beautiful 😍😍" and she is like "uhh i am just average 😒"

Like for example i called this girl @checkyesjulietx the most preety girl on gag but she says it's not true... 😳

0|0
    0|0
  • they want attention thats all they like to hear people tell them how beautiful they are.

1|0
    0|0
  • They know they're hot... they want attention + compliments

1|0
    1|0
  • Girl pretty girls just think they didn't reach their potential for their beautiness. They think they have to be really pretty so more boys would like them.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• They could be fishing for compliments. Everyone has been insecure at one point in your life and most girls get called ugly once and these comments really stick and maybe they start looking at themselves critically. So that could be another explanation.

1|0
    0|0
  • well they could genuinely think they're unattractive, there's this thing called like body dysmorphia? I don't know if that's the right thing lol but its when they see themselves as ugly/deformed even if they clearly aren't. its either this or they know they're attractive so they fish for compliments

2|0
    0|0
  • It's society.

1|0
    0|0
  • A lot of the insecure pretty girls I know focus primarily on looks, which causes them to compare their looks to other girls, and comparison causes unhappiness and dissatisfaction with oneself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because we are not far from perfection and we are gonna look at ourselfs like we need to be perfection like kylie jenner, katy perry etc. And looking at them we may look ugly. Because we are almost perfect we are gonna set the bar very high and we feel ugly if we can't get over the bar.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because of the people they hang out with and the media

1|0
    0|0
  • They have the wrong conversion program between their eyes and their brain. So that deformes the image they see.

0|0
    0|0
  • We have issues like anyone else. Sometimes pretty people have the craziest issues.

0|0
    0|0