Should I remove my mole?

I have a flat mole around the size of a pea on the side of my jaw and I remember being tormented about it when I was younger. I don't like the way it looks and I have to pluck hairs out of it every now and then. But, it helps to define who I am - even though it's ugly. What should I do?

• Remove
  • Keep

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm only saying remove because i did it too. i had 3 about that size actually, maybe a tad smaller. but i hated them and went for it. now i feel much better :)
    who knows tho? maybe it looks hella sexy on u? id have no idea.

oh and PS: those hairs u were plucking? they won't disappear after the mole is removed. you'll still have to remove those once as ur getting ur whole face done.

• Thanks for telling me about your experience 😊 how did they heal up? Did you get them lasered or cut?

• Thanks! 😊

• glad to help love! good luck! x

What Guys Said 10

• Some moles are just ugly, some are "beauty marks". But even the beauty marks ca turn ugly later. First, don't allow yourself to see it as "defining" you. Second, evaluate it, including getting opinions from others you trust ) not just anybody). then make an informed decision. And of course, there is no rush. You can always say it is not a problem and then change your mind later.

• Its just a mole- it doesn't really "define" you. If i were you, i would get it removed, but if you wanna keep it, go ahead.

But if you ARE going to get it removed, do it for yourself, not for other people.

• Keep it, those are rare now a days. I really admire women with those.
    Don't fix what isn't broken.

• do it ONLY if it really annoys u basically... :-)

• Like most things in life - Remove it only if you want to

• If you don't like it then you should have it removed. It's quick and painless if you go to a dermatologist

• Remove it.

• Yeah do it

• You must see a specialist, you must ALWAYS see a specialist for a mole.

• ye it looks disgusting

What Girls Said 2

• If you feel uncomfortable with it, remove it! It can only help you're self confidence ;)

• Keep it, it probably makes you uniquly
    You