Do you think it's a bad thing that I look way older than 16/17... I look 20+?

I'm curious. I won't take it to heart. I'm indifferent, but definitely curious.
Let me give you some background. I'm going to be 17 in two days. I'm a junior in high school. But i'm 6 feet tall, and weigh about 170 pounds. I'm also pretty muscular because I lift a lot. It's like I have too much testosterone because I have a strong jaw line, and can grow facial hair. lol. I'll be the oldest looking 16 year old ever for two more days.

The only reason I actually joined this site was to ask this question. But it wouldn't let me cause I had to be level 2 to share a link.

So how do you feel? I'm sure the girls in their 20s would see me on the street, and if I told them I was 16 they would think i'm lying (It's happened before.) Lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it would be useful to look older than what you are, at least while you're still young. You'll be less likely to get carded, and people would take you more seriously. Of course once you're a lot older, like in your 20s or 30s, people will mistake you for being a middle aged man.

I myself look a lot YOUNGER than what I am. I'm 19, yet I'm constantly mistaken for a 15 year old. It sucks now because people don't take me as seriously (at least when they first meet me) because they think I'm just a kid, and whenever I go to places where I have to be at least 18, they ALWAYS assume my ID is fake at first.

BUT when I reach my 30s and up, I'll look better than the rest of my peers B)

What Girls Said 5

• Girls actually totally dig the older look at guys. Especially at your age so you actually have got an advantage.

• You do look older than you are but don't worry. Yesterday I asked here, on gag how old do I look and I've had answers from 15 go 20. I'd say you look close to 19.

• There's plenty guys at my school who are just like that. I don't see a problem with it as long as you don't use it for the wrong reasons.

• What, you're 16? Damn dude you look 22 :)

• nah you look 18 or under 18. not older than tht.

What Guys Said 6

• No man in fact thats actually normal these days i went through the same exact thing even with the facial and body hair.

I remember there where only 5 of us out of the 14 guys in highschool that had hair and looked like we belonged in college.

Girls actually like guys who look older than their age

• If you think it is bad now being thought of as a quarter older than you are, wait till you are 40 and older. Then you will be thought of as one of us "real" old guys.

• true. but it could be that i'm just an early bloomer lol

• I would say about 19

• you look older than me an i'm 23 it' an advantage go hit on older women

• Fail
    fall
    Fail

• Lolol that's well I don't know if that's good or bad