Why do my friends get compliments while we're out but I always get ignored?

Every time I go out with my friends, they always get compliments from the guys. We'll just be walking around or hanging out and then guys look at them and are like "you're beautiful. Don't ever feel like you're not." and they always say things like "I would be so happy to have you as my girlfriend." This happens very often and I'm starting to wonder why I always get overlooked. Most of my friends wear makeup and I don't but they were telling me that makeup would help bring more attention to my face. I don't think I'm an ugly person but I definitely get overlooked a lot. And we all dress nice when we're going out so that's what also confuses me. I am also very sociable and very friendly but that's another thing that gets overlooked. And i'm very tall (5'9-5'10) so it's not like I am easy to miss in the crowd. Could it be that my height is intimidating? I don't know... What do you guys and girls think?

• very pretty
  • pretty
  • ok
  • nothing special

Most Helpful Guy

• Girl you gotta be confident in yourself but be careful it does not generate pride also I believe everyone has his or her definition for beauty if they don't find you beautiful. If you ask me I think you got natural beauty. You dont need to fit in else you'd be fake. Good luck. Anyway cute lips

• That is so true. Everyone definitely has different perspectives on beauty. Thank you :)

What Guys Said 9

• For me I like a woman who can carry herself without makeup as that is what natural beauty is!! Its good that the assholes are overlooking you they are making way for the ones that you actually deserve to have!!!

• I think you are very pretty

• "you're beautiful. Don't ever feel like you're not."

do girls not get pissed off by this one? That just sounds really disrespectful coming from a complete stranger. I don't care who a person is, if the first thing they say to me is them telling me what I should or shouldn't feel I'd tell them to go screw themselves (I probably would be less nice with my words than that).

• That's silly to me, especially when it's coming from a good place and the person feeling that way could be feeling that way due to irrational reasons.

• @RationalLioness Well I haven't had that happen to me yet but I know I won't appreciate the comment and I'll make it known to them not to do it again.

• Anyone that says that I would just consider an asshole and have a disfavorable thought about them. We disagree.

• If your name is prettygirly91 then by extension you must be pretty.

• You look pretty depressed in your avatar, may wanna try smiling a little more.

A simple solution here is to just get uglier friends, then we will compliment you and not them.

• That's not true because if the guy isn't attracted at all, he might simply compliment none.

• wtf? guys are idiots. you are hot

• You look pretty decent. I think it's the makeup thing.

• I have to say that you're just average looking. However that doesn't mean that you don't deserve compliments. If you have personality (are intelligent, fun loving etc) I don't see why guys would not be giving compliments.

• Yeah I don't get it either:/ It's very common for me to get overlooked though

• because they don't know you in the first meeting, if you'll allow them to know you better you too will be appreciated.

• Cause you're ugly?

What Girls Said 4

• It doesn't matter. You might not be attractive to those who gave out the compliments but that doesn't mean you aren't period.

Understand that people hold different views of attraction and don't expect to be told you're pretty just because some guy told one of your friends that.

• I think you're gorgeous and so should you. Just because you're being overlooked, don't let that get you down. I've found most men don't necessarily choose the 'prettiest' girls but a lot of them do tend to go after the 'easiest' ones. That's just my experience.

• Stop lying about your age kid

• Well, when a girl wears makeup a guy perceives it as her trying to beautify herself for the attraction of other people. A girl with makeup would be perceived as more sexually active and open than a girl without it, who would be perceived as innocent. It really doesn't mean you're ugly. Most guys actually prefer their main girls to not wear any makeup, as opposed to their hookups.
    How about when you're alone?