Do you think I'm ugly?

I'm not letting guys answer to this because I know it will crush the last remaining bits of my self esteem. One time that guy here told me to hide in a cave for the world's sake. I'm not taking any more of this. Advice on how to look better would be appreciated.

I had to smash them all together because this thing doesn't allow more than 5 photos.

Girls, do you think I'm ugly?

The other long-haired girl is my best friend. She likes selfies. A lot. The little blonde girl is my sister and the others are friends.

Thanks for all the nice comments, you're amazing!

20

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely think you look like a very cute and sweet girl. You do look young though which means you probably have a lot more growing to do. Don't listen to that rude comment you got on here. There is nothing at all wrong with your appearance.

If I had to give you some advice though, I would just say that maybe you could style your hair differently. Grow it out longer and perhaps either straighten it or put some product in it in order to make it smoother looking. If you want to, you could also go to a salon and have them do your eyebrows for you. Maybe shaping them up a little would make you feel better.

Overall, it's only minor things and you're still a very pretty girl either way. Some people are just mean and like to make hateful comments to people online, those are not the people you should listen to though. Self-esteem and confidence comes from within and that is something you could work on until you start to feel better about yourself :)

• Thanks so much! I used to go to a salon for that but I gave up because it was painful. Maybe I should start again.

• Thanks for MH!

• It was kinda hard to choose, so many great opinions!

What Girls Said 19

• you are only 14 sweetie! Everyone is awkward at 14 in a few years you will find your style and maybe learn more about makeup and you will be turning heads! You are so cute you'd barely even need any makeup to look polished, just some blush, a fresh peachy lip colour, some eyebrow pencil, and mascara. You have great skin especially for a 14 year old! haha I'm sure lots of your classmates are jealous! I think all you need right now is a fresh new haircut to make you feel more confident! I'd suggest some side bangs and slight layers to frame your face and maybe some light brown highlights or something, it's amazing how much something as small as a hairstyle can change your confidence. Just tell your mom you would like a new hair style and maybe pick up some pretty lipgloss. Little things like that go a long way but you certainly are no where near ugly. I used to be bullied and called ugly at your age and guess what? Those same boys who insulted me constantly ended up begging for a date with me a few years later and I got to reject them all! I think you have a lot to work with you have big lovely eyes, a nice face shape, and your lips are nice and full. I think side bangs would suit you, and some colour on your lips. Your eyebrows are a nice shape too just patchy and light (Like mine :s) so I know the struggle but filling them in a bit makes a difference. Please don't listen to pathetic disgusting men on this shitty website you are a lovely girl!

• Thanks! Cutting my hair was a mistake, I liked it long. But I've always thought I had really small lips

• Whaaat? Why would anyone tell you to hide in a cave? You're pretty.

• I think you are a beautiful girl! Your eyes sparkle and your smile is absolutely the cutest. Not everyone in the world will have the same heart as you. People who are mean and rude say hurtful things to make themselves feel better bc THEY are so insecure!! They get a false sense of satisfaction by trying to bring other people down... they have so many issues going on themselves and they decide to lash out and try to make other people feel just as horrible as they truly are feeling on the inside. THESE RUDE PEOPLE are weak individuals with LOW self esteem. When someone says something rude like that, ALWAYS remember, it says more about them than it does about you. The only advice I can give you to look more attractive is to be confident in yourself :) Nothing is more attractive than confidence. You have so much to be thankful for. Life is too short to feel down about yourself. God made you absolutely beautiful, never forget that sweetie :)

• You look so sweet! If you want an instant confidence boost, shaping my eyebrows and a little mascara always makes me feel better.

• I wore glasses, too, when I was young. I would swap out the frames for some that are lighter in color, maybe even smaller lenses. Possibly metallic frames.

You have beautiful hair, maybe a sweet page boy or possibly some sweeping bangs

You are absolutely adorable <3.

• No way!! You're beautiful! You have a dashing smile and gorgeous eyes! I think if you had your eyebrows waxed and shaped up a little it would bring them out, along with a little mascara (a little bit) and some lip gloss. Just accent :)

• Would the mascara stain the glasses? I'm pretty myopic, I can't take them off while walking around.

• No, it won't mess with your glasses at all. Just try it out sometime. It makes a big difference.

• You seem like a really nice person to be around. I think that everyone is beautiful in there own way. Don't depend on what other people say about you. As long as you see yourself as beautiful, than i promise your perspective of things will change. Stay amazingly beautiful inside and out!! :)

• Awe that's so mean! You definitely don't need to hide in a cave! You're cute, and we will still be changing at 14 anyways. 😊

• You look so pretty with your hair down.. dont let what that guy said to you.. all you have to do is tell yourself your pretty and block what anyone else says to you. The more you tell yourself that the more you would actually see what a beauty you are :) xx

• No, I don't think you're ugly at all. Ignore the rude comments. Keep smiling. And keep your head up!

• You look young and lovely ^^

• You're really cute. And I admire how you're being yourself.
    One advice, don't change for people.

• You look a lot like one of my very close friends, and I love her. So I think you're beautiful!!!

• Nah, not at all. You're cute af. How old are you?

• You're ugly at all you just look young. How old are you? Since you're young you nothing to worry about as you grow up you become prettier I was ugly AF no lie I was fucking disgusting but now I'm probably one of the most attractive girls in my school not to sound cocky but I am lol just gotta give yourself some time to become satisfied with your looks

• you are not ugly! you are cute! you are still young, just wait in your 20's you will find much more self confidence and self worth

• You don't look ugly at all! The only way you could 'improve' yourself is maybe to try and add some eyeliner to bring out your eyes (because your glasses kind of hides them) and then you'll be uber pretty! :)

• Not at all, you're very cute! I would ignore the guys that make those super rude comments. Sometimes the internet gives people false courage and they think they don't have any consequences on what they say.

If you wanted, you could wear some mascara, as a fellow glasses wearer, this helps make them pop. I think shaping your eyebrows will look really lovely, mine look sparse at times so I clean the strays from my main shape, like at the bottom closest to my eyes, and fill them in. Not with black (even though my hair is dark), you want them to look naturally shaped. :)

Those were just suggestions, but only if you want to do it. Don't change yourself for others, only if YOU truly want to.

• You are very very cute!!! You don't need any makeup either. I would love to see some eyeliner though, that would look so beautiful.