Why do girls lie when they say " Looks do not matter " when it comes to getting them?

I always hear people say this to me, but I think it's crap. I just think that it makes a huge difference especiialy for me. Girls would be more interested in me if i was a handsome guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls like to sound like they're taking the high road by saying that, but seriously, they are every bit as picky about looks as we are. When they say "it's what's inside that counts", that's true... in ADDITION to looks. If looks weren't important to them, do you think they'd bother with makeup, hair coloring, dresses, shoes, etc? Lol!

What Girls Said 5

• Looks do matter and people get attracted to good looking people without meeting them first so obviously they have a better chance. However in some cases I do happen to just become incredibly attracted to really average looking people, I just think its their vibe, or there's just something about them that draws me to them. The opposite has happened for some good looking people for me, like after I get to know them their vibe is just bad and if they are a jerk they just become ugly people in my eyes, even if they look handsome to other people.

• To be honest, I don't really see many girls say that "looks don't matter".

What girls find attractive vary from girl to girl, as does how much looks matter compared to personality, but most girls want a partner that they are physically attracted to, and in my experience, most girls admit that.

• Common sense says some don't. Some women don't care what a man looks like. There are sapiosexual/asexual women who are more interested in intelligence and personality. Looks mean naught to plenty of them.

I would think for the majority of women, looks DO matter. How much depends on the individual. For me, it's 50/50--base attraction and great personality. You can't have one without the other and I'm not settling for it.

• I don't think they really lie, but are just not honest to themselves. Looks always matter for everyone. Guys and girls.
    However, looks aren't everything. There's a big difference between looking handsome and looking attractive. You can look super handsome but if you're insecure and radiates a bad vibe, you're still not attractive. If you're not the. most handsome guy, but look like a fun and confident person, you can still be very attractive.

• Well yeah, they would.. But basically, the thing with girls is tht looks don't matter AS MUCH as they do in comparison to how much they matter to guys.

What Guys Said 4

• The complete expression would be :
    "When considering candidates as a suitable partner , generally speaking when compared to other parameters that are judged , looks do not matter as much as it is looks are to men when they select a female partner."

The abbrv. version is :
    "Looks do not matter"

• females are great liars and at the same time have insecurities that can easily make them feel rotten. if they tell you the truth, then they'll feel bad which will then effect their feelings.

They only lie to protect themselves.

• When you fall in love you fall in love with them as a person and the looks become secondary even if they're really good. Girls realize this easier than guys...

• Women don't speak English ; they speak Womanese. When they say "Looks don't matter", they mean "Why would I mention it if it didn't matter to me?" George Clooney doesn't attract all the ladies because of his charming personality alone.

• "Women don't speak English ; they speak Womanese."
      lmaoo

• Actually, I'd say that Clooney's charming personality and sense of style are the primary reasons he attracts the ladies.

• No, his looks are the primary reason. His personality and sense of style add to the allure.