Why does everyone seek acceptance & approval from others?

You people lol. Everyone posting pictures of themselves or other people asking to get rated or if he/she is hot. Why? Who the hell cares what anyone else thinks? That's just my opinion. You have to find confidence in yourself to be truly happy.

Most Helpful Guy

• if a person needs advice on how to look better, they will post a picture and ask. You can say "aw yeah im a knockout 10/10" in your mind all you like.. but if you're overweight, dress poorly, have bad hygiene, etc... you're just deluding yourself. There is value to getting a second opinion versus jumping on the bandwagon of this belief that everyone is physically beautiful no matter what. Sure, beauty can be found in anyone, but you have to work for it. Most people aren't born gorgeous, and so they have to do certain things to improve their look. Asking to get a rating can be some peoples way of getting an idea of where they stand. I really don't see it in the same negative light that you do, at least not for every circumstance

What Guys Said 13

• I don't know. I'm happy just the way I am. I can't change anything about me no matter what people says any how or how they rate me. I make use of what I was given the best way I can.

• I'm with you on that.
    You have to love yourself if you expect anyone else to love you.

• it's a part of humans nature u know... :-P

• Well, I think a lot of it has to do with understanding the other gender, rather than just a self-esteem boost.

For example, do most guys know that girls are all about the jawline? Hell no.

I always thought I need to look like Jeff Seid to be a 9.589 / 10. But apparently not, apparently everyone's into the dudes just with some size, all about the abs. Guess I've been stressing about my long arms more than necessary lol.

• Well said madam!

• A lot of people want to know if they're good looking or not, we're sometimes too used to our own opinion...

• Its apart of our human needs. We need to fit in and be accepted in some way or another.. Regardless of what in body says, in some way or another, being accepted is needed and may not be realized

• If you have friends someone accepts you, right? Lol.

• Exactly!

The whole rate me thing is a cry for attention. I've noticed a trend, I may be wrong, but I feel like its mostly young girls looking for approval and I don't feel that is roght

• Exactly! , that's what I think too. But it's somewhat entertaining to be given permission to be honest with a total stranger so maybe that's the appeal.

• I think maybe sometime you need a little appreciation

I have posted mine only 2 times of ago... After that. Never

• because we're a social animal?

• I personally do not 😅

• Because that's how the society works in a nutshell. After all, we are highly social animals seeking for approval from peers.

• I agree on the highly social part but other people don't really have the right to judge others (everyone does anyway) I just wish some people would understand that others judgements of you are meaningless

• When I posted asking, it was because my self esteem was utter shit due to the fact that I've never even been on a date. You start wondering wtf is wrong with you that makes no one from the opposite gender even consider you. You figure it's your looks so you ask to find out for certain. I was rated at 7-8 which means that my personality just sucks... great

• and it's something you won't understand because you are fairly attractive and a female. Put yourself in other people's shoes and it might make more sense to you.

• I'm sorry. You just gotta find something about yourself that makes you unique and proud to be who you are.

• there's a lot of unique stuff about me, more so than most people, that's the problem. I have a very odd family history and I did not have a normal upbringing because of that. I wish I did so I would feel normal, but that was out of my family's control. I also am proud of myself, I am on my way of having a very successful career. That's not the point though, the point is when you go your whole life looking for just one person to love who feels the same and you get no where it really fucks you up, which just makes you even more undesirable and creates a terrible cycle. Imagine if EVERY person you ever had feelings for either rejected you, used you, or literally just didn't give a shit about you. When that happens to you, then you'll understand why some people want to know/want other's approval.

What Girls Said 7

• Totally agree with you, I mean, I can understand that people are curious what others think of them and so am I, but if you'd ask me - I'd always rather be someone's shot of whiskey than everyone's cup of tea.
    Other than that it will never be possible that literally everyone will find you pretty, everyone has a different taste in the end. But I think most people on here really just do it to boost their ego.

• Insecure I guess.

• I agree with this totally !

• I'm starting to get annoyed with this site haha. Like, there are multiple questions asking "who's the hottest girl on gag" & I'll get tagged by someone (which of course is very kind & flattering), but then I'll get a ton of down votes from girls and then people will comment saying how I'm not great, etc. & not that i care much at all but for fuck sake I didn't even ask for anyone's opinion 😐😐

• I think a few people are trolling right now with their down votes. I like this website but it's pretty obnoxious/immature/just plain stupid sometimes

• they deff are xD

• I wonder the same thing...

• I like your hair and eyes :p

• I guess to make themselves feel good it helps some times that's all and u look pretty in your pic