Why is it that they get the most attention?

Why is it average looking girls always get hit on the most? i am not trying to be mean or anything. I think I'm average looking to. It's just something I noticed. Even on here. People who ask how do I look questions who are really good looking get low ratings yet average looking people get high ratings.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's not true. I always rate the same way. " You look good", "You're a looker", or "You're beautiful" to any rate me or how I look question. I never give an arbitrary number because to me, that is like objectifying a women in a way.

What Guys Said 12

• The so called "beautiful women" have makeup caked on, and men can tell from a mile away. The "average" looking people are actually good looking, but look less attractive in comparison to women who wear excessive makeup. The "average" girls probably look as good, if not better, than the "beautiful" girls do without their makeup. The "average" girls get more attention because they look natural. The thing people don't understand is that average is desirable. If someone looks enhanced, they aren't as desirable as someone who looks natural. Its all in our instincts- a male knows what a female is supposed to look like naturally, and if it looks altered, in a way, she looks less human/less female.

• Because the good looking girls come across as though they were just fishing for compliments, people can't fathom that they too may be insecure about their looks.

• u should know dat guys r indimidated by [pretty gals... u should know it :-)

• Guys might feel more comfortable talking to average girls

• Guys feel intimidated or assume they would have nothing in common. I've felt liked but am trying to stop.

• Cause they don't have a thing to brag about
    Sexy girls have their looks so they seem to be hard to get but average girls are more easy to handle
    Samw goes to guys...

• i have yet to see someone who looks really good get low ratings on here. Most girls, even ones that don't look that great, tend to get fairly highly rated by guys here

• I always see average girls and guys get 8 or 9 and really good looking people get 6 or 7.

• haha... if you say so..

• Different people have different standards

• Well look at the bright side at least average girls get hit on? Average guys don't that often or very little. But I'm ugly so I wouldn't know.

• are you saying you get a lot of attention?

• no I didn't mean it to sound that way.

• what do you think average is?

• Really pretty girls are too scary for guys to approach--they assume she's just going to tell them no, so they don't even try. So they all go to the average girls instead, where they think they will have a better chance at a yes.

What Girls Said 6

• Usually the overly pretty girls can have that bitchy look, think Megan fox, she looks like a bitch but is gorgeous lol
    And if someone is average looking and posts a picture people probably think they have low self esteem and need a boost and everyone will tell them they are gorg. And also the hot people may seem like they're fishing for compliments because they must obviously know that they're pretty.

• I don't know about on here, but I see plenty of pretty girls getting attention.
    Even if they don't, why do you think someone is entitled to get more attention than others just because they're supposedly good looking

For the whole rating thing, some people notice the other person is good looking, but feel like they have to "take them down a notch" I guess.

• because hot girls usually are too intimidating for most men, and they don't have the balls to go up to them, so they settle for average girls because they have a smaller chance of getting rejected

• because guys dont want to get regected by a beautiful girl. its less painful when they belive there are still better fish in the sea. that or they think wow she's beautiful. she must already have a boyfreind

• Uh I don't think that's true. I'm average and I don't get hit on.

• I know how you feel.