Can black girls have good hair?

If you seen a African American girl with looooong pretty hair, would you just assume it's a weave or a wig? You can be honest lol I won't be offended.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 11

• Yeah, because I know black people all pretty much have frizzy hair.

• Of course black girls can have beautiful, natural hair. I've seen many in school and college. You just have to take good care of it.

• That's kinda racist!

By good you mean, white girl hair?
    Smh while I giggle...

I think black girls look good with short hair and Afros too... Haley berry looks best with short hair... Toni Braxton looked best in her "making me high" video with a fro.

That said, you make the hair work... Fro, perm, extensions or braids... Just rock the look and men will love it.

• Well it's not racist. 😂 I simply just asked do people assume African American Women LIKE MYSELF have natural hair or a weave, wigs etc because people always think mine isn't real. thanks for sharing your opinion though. ✋💁

• Yes, i would assume it fake or she is mixed.
    Not that it would bother me.

• I never knew it was fake until recently

• I have seen a few but I was told they were extensions. I personally like straight hair but there are a number of black women with straight hair in the movies. I just don't know if the hair was extended.

• yeah why not?

• I don't think straight guys usually think someone's hair is fake so you're OK from that standpoint. As for black girls, I understand a lot of them don't like their hair, but that wouldn't apply to you anyway. You have nice hair.

• Of Course! You have pretty hair!

• I would assume its fake cause I live in Chicago and sistas be wearing wigs all the time over here but thats cool anyways long as it look nice

• I sure hope so because honestly I don't like the afro-type hair.

What Girls Said 8

• To be honest, I do usually think it's a weave...

• Yeah I've seen it a lot at school for the most part. Usually the Jamaicans or Haiten girls though. Its theirs.
    I'm black by the way.

• yes good hair runs in my family and its common.

• If they take care of it why not

• Sure! You're living proof of that sweetheart!

• Thank you Lisa. It's just people always assume my hair is fake because of my race.

• 😇😅 lol oh goodness 😄 I appreciate the nice comments also..

• 😉 *hugs*

• That it's fake or that she did some really good chemical treatment to it (if it's straight)

• I have long hair and I get asked a lot if it's fake. It's pretty annoying.

• Some of them have good hair. I assumed it's due to their white genes. *Beyonce and Alicia Keys.