I Hate The Way I Look? I Desperately Want To Be Pretty?

I am a a seventeen years old girl mixed with native and black. (Half and half) I hate my hair, I hate my skin. I feel its too dark, I feel like I need a skinnier face, different teeth, bigger butt, etc. I feel like I need all of this to be accepted. You see how people go crazy for perfect pretty girls on social media and whatnot. I feel as if I am better off dead without these things. I just want to hide from everyone forever. Please help.

Most Helpful Girl

• But you ARE pretty!

What Guys Said 6

• I think you look very attractive

• You're pretty and I hope you get through this phase unscathed. It's gotta be tough for every teen girl who's not Taylor Swift.

• Taylor Swift isn't all that pretty. I'm talking like the Kardashians. Girls like that. Perfect. But, thank you :)

• I don't think you look bad I criticize my appearance too all the time. I wish I were taller and bulkier with more chiseled jaw line. But both you and I look fine enough for most people out there.

• It's easy. Find a pretty girl. Kill her and steal her face. Put it as a mask.

• if you suck my dick it will make it all go away

• Are you kidding? You are pretty. You should like yourself the way you are

What Girls Said 6

• No you've got bold features- eyes and brows, and you look like such a fun person to be around. social media touches up so many faces that you really can't tell if something has been retouched- people aren't as perfect as they appear
    don't hide! people will miss you :)

• Don't hate the way you look. You're pretty and you look happy.

• I'm my opinion you look just fine. I don't see why you feel your skin is too dark. I would give my everything to have a little tan. I look dead white and I burn under the sun. Trust me you don't wanna be fairer. And please i don't see anything wrong with your hair. Teeth can be done and big butts are a burden. Love yourself cuz u r cute

• You're too hard on yourself. There's nothing wrong with having dark skin and I'm sure all your other features are fine too. These "perfect" girls on socia media, magazine covers, etc don't even look like themselves. There's so much more to you that is important and beautiful beyond your physical appearance

• Really? You are such a pretty girl!

• You will grow up one day. Don't worry