Why most Americans are fat?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 15

• Cos fatty food is cheap and easy to get , healthy food is expensive and takes a bit of digging.

• How much is the difference? Must've not been that much that they can't afford it

• It's not the fat in the foods we eat that is making us unhealthy, it's the refined sugars, high-fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, preservatives, hydrogenated vegetable oils, hormones, and God knows what else, that companies put in foods to make them cheaper to produce.

• Lots of food, many of it being with lots of fat, and also because in many fast food restaurants a salad is more expensive than a burger.

It's not most Americans though, at least that's not what I see. When I came I thought I was gonna see more fat people but I just see a normal amount of it.

• Hmm interesting.. I still don't think that's a reason to not eat healthier food.

• But some people can't afford buying healthier food. If a salad costs you $5, and a burger is just $1, that's $4 you're saving, which means 4 more burgers, ergo, 4 more meals.

• Surprisingly the U. S. only has the 8th highest obesity rate but I don't know why so many people are overweight here. It's not very hard to eat healthy and work out

• You read my mind. Why are people so lazy?

• I honestly don't know. Even if you don't care about how you look at all I don't understand how you couldn't care about your health enough to maintain a normal weight.

• Because we have every culture's food on top of our delicious foods but most have have favor enhancers and crap that makes the foods addictive. Also it doesn't help that our economy is crap now are fatty foods are so much cheaper.

• just a second i need to go get my popcorn! This is gonna be good lol

• Fast food, bad diets, working too much, and doing other activities so most do not have the time to make or eat a healthy meal

• Why not just buy take away salad instead?

• Probably because the people who are constantly eating the fast food do not want anything to do with a salad. They want the delicious grease, fat, and calorie filled meal instead because it generally tastes way better to them

• I'm 115lbs lol

1/3 Americans are fat, and 1/3 Europeans are fat too. It's just a stereotype.

• It's the survivalist spirit. They are convinced that their president is planning to install a military dictatorship, so they are stocking up on fat for the long fight ahead.

• All the damn sugar, and toxic chemicals in our food supply. That's the 100% truth.

• We drive a lot, and we don't eat healthy.

• Office lifestyle, shitty food choices, TV, fat acceptance movement, soda , and more shitty food.

• About 1 in 3 Americans are fat. Although that's a lot, it's not 'most'

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif Too much food, electronics and not enough exercise = why we're so fat

What Girls Said 10

• Fat food is cheap, easy and inexpensive. Also most of our "healthy" foods are processed as well. So eem things like chicken breasts and apple are pumped with hormones that are killing our body

• Exactly. It won't change anytime soon because of lobbying from the big corporations.

• Well if you look at American specialties in the kitchen you will only see junk food plus America is too big to take the bike once in a while or walk so they have to use cars.

• I don't know why people care so much about someone else's weight. It's because technology has hindered us from working out, and fast food has a lot of fat and carbohydrates. It's cheap, so we eat it the most. Organic foods are hard to get.

• cheap junk food and everything is supersized

• because this country is junk food, fast food, grease central

• I eat junk food almost everyday and I'm still not even close to chubby

• They eat too much and live sedentary lives.

• Mc Donalds duh

• You do realize it isn't just America. Mexico is full of fat folk.

• Fast and junk food is too easy to attain.

'Most' are not fat. Only some. For instance, my band of 230 kids and not one is fat. Of their families? Only a handful are overweight...

• I think that's a stereotype that's close to reality. When I went to buffalo, I was shocked to see so many people who were really big in size. But that's just one area and I bet tons are skinny as well. A lot of it has to do with economy. Not all families could afford to buy real organic food so they're stuck with eating fast food

• Home cooked meal is an option. Has no one ever considered that rather than shoving junk food in to their mouth?

• I suppose so, but why does it bother you so much?

• Or they can't afford the food that they would have to cook..