How to get your hair back to its natural colour?

I've tried putting stuff in my hair to get rid of the dye, but nothings working... What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• use dandruff shampoo, it tends to strip your hair. use baking soda too.
    when i was trying to fade my red hair dye, i used extra strength medicated selsun blue dandruff shampoo, and mixed it with baking soda. i put it on my hair and scrubbed it for a few minutes and let it sit, then i rinsed. it's supposed to help fade hair dye. it's worth a shot. just don't do it too much because it will dry out your hair.
    using color oops works as well. I don't know if you've tried that, but it worked well for me.
    bottleblondeonabudget.files.wordpress.com/.../color-oops.jpg
    its like 10 bucks i think. if you use that, you have to reallllly scrub it and shampoo your hair 3-5 times. it is a little damaging, but just deep condition your hair after.

What Guys Said 2

• You would have to dye it back your original color or just wait for it to grow back in. There is nothing that can safely remove hair dye. Hair dye is specifically designed to stay in your hair.

• The only way really is to keep growing and cutting it.

What Girls Said 7

• Just don't do anything and simply let it grow. Maybe buy some pills to make your hair grow faster. Trim the ends once in a while. Time is your best friend here. I've been growing out my natural hair color out for 2 years now and it's grown ~ to my shoulders, the rest is still not natural color, but I'm patient.

• What's your natural hair color and what did you color it?

• My natural colour is dark-ish brown, and I 'tried' to dye it blonde x

• Oh okay... Thankyou x

• Dark colors take very easily on lighter hair so you're in luck. If it was the other way around then it would be significantly more complex :)

• You need to let it grow out :/ ..

• Wait for the dye to run out

• if it was permanent, then you'd have to grow it out or dye it the "natural" colour again :P

• You have to dye it back dark brown and let it grow out.

• Oh okay x

• Oh... Okay, thankyou x

• No problem.

• Redye or strip it. Good luck!