Girls, why do I always get called racist when I say I like pale skinned women?

I love ivory skinned women like Scarlett Johansson or Lindsay Lohan. I don't like darker skin at all.
It's not that I won't talk to or be friends with people who have dark skin, I just don't think they are attractive. If an Afrian-American woman had light skin I would find her attractive, so it really has nothing to do with race. Just color.

15

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 14

• You think lighter is better.
    I have to know more about you to know whether this is just a preference or if this has to do with hatred of those who don't fit into the "white standard of beauty".

• It's just a preference...

• There no reason why someone should believe that to be racist. They may just not understand what you're saying.

• It is just taste, I know girls that only like dark skinned guys, and nobody says they are racists... I think there is nothing wrong knowing what we like, and seriously you can't do anything about it, so dont worry

• It's just a preference and I can respect that. You can't force physical attraction to a person, so no I don't think it should be considered racist۔

• Dang that's jacked up. Basically you're saying you like em light , bright , darn near white. ? It's not racist but to some it might be offensive.

• I don't think it's racist it's just a preference

• just preferences... you're entitled to your opinions as long as you aren't rude about them

• That's like calling me a prejudice because I like coke and not pepsi, its all about YOUR preference!

• my skin is fair but im naturally tanned i think , some people love that and some not
    it depends
    and no you arenot racist

• Are you an African American man?
    If so this is just straight up self-hate bullshit.

• My dad had this problem the other day. This black girl has been flirting with my dad for a long time and my dad has no physical attraction to her because she is dark. Its not racist its just a physical preference. He is still great friends with her and he isn't rude to her. To me its not racism unless you're rude or mean to someone of another skin color. This is just purely for physical attraction reasons. Not racist at all.

• Saying you prefer pale-skinned women makes it sound like a preference, which is fine - that's just your opinion. Saying you "don't like darker skin at all" makes you sound racist and can be insulting to those of us who aren't white.

• I'm pretty much the same. I find pale skinned guys more attractive. Your preferences might be because of your genetics. For example i am really white and I like guys who are as white as me. I don't know I guess its because that skin color is more familiar to me.