Why am I so obsessed with my weight to go as far as count calories or throw up? It's all I think about, I think I am super fat (5'9 130 pounds) why?

Why am i so obsessed with my weight to go as far as count calories or throw up? It's all i think about,i think i am super fat (5'9 130 pounds) why?

Most Helpful Guy

• You have a nice build and good proportions. You need to seek help to deal with your image issues. I am 49 years old, and I will tell you that you are going to gain weight as you get older. You need to be able to accept who and what you are - and stay healthy about it. Anorexia and Bulimia are not to be taken lightly. They can KILL you.
    Many self image problems start close to home or close to personal experiences. If you have somebody beating you down for your appearances, you need to get help in dealing with them. If it is a boyfriend, kick him to the curb. There are nice guys out there, so be picky about who you have in your life.
    You have some nice compliments in the feedback you have asked for. I hope that your will read them and take them to heart.
    Today's society is downright cruel to people on images. I am 6'0" at about 250 lbs, so I have definitely hit one too many Chinese buffets in my time. However, I don't give a damn about society telling me what I should look like. As long as I am generally healthy, I am okay with who and what I am. This is the state that you need to strive for.
    Hope this helps.

What Guys Said 12

• Because our culture gives young women distorted body images.

Watch a film called "America The Beautiful," by Daryl Roberts. It will explain a lot.

You have a stunning figure, by the way, but I know you won't believe me.

• I'm pretty sure this is anorexia. The real kind.

• Your wrong that she has anorexia. She has bulimia and body dismorphia disorder, not anorexia

• @aamy811 Fine whatever, I'm not a doctor. I was just trying to help. I'm sorry for misdiagnosing based on 2 lines and a picture.

• If you're fat, then I'm obese

• You have a problem in your mind and not in your body. Now, that image on your wall looks fantastic.

• You are far from super fat. If you lose too much, you will be more unhealthy than if you stay at your current weight.

• You are under weight in fact, though only a couple pounds.

• What would happen if you were mega fat?

What would happen if you were mega slim?

• I would feel god and people would love me even more if i were skinny if i were fat they would hate me

• So here is my suggestion for a solution: Surround yourself with people who love you, and avoid people who hate you.

And try to avoid assuming that someone loves or hates you, without solid evidence.

• you look absolutely stunning. a bit on the skinny side but still stunning.

to call yourself fat is a bit insulting to the 95% of the world's population that are bigger than you :p

• I honestly think you're perfect weight for your height. I don't think you should try to lose even one pound.

• You are slim, or actually in great figure. Nothing to be improved now, keep this as it is.

• I think you look amazing how you are =3

• Please tell me you're kidding?

• No i am not

• No they all tell me that i am beautiful and have no reason to complain

• ok think about this for a minute. We're all unrelated on this site. We don't know each other. But did you get a whole lot of comments saying you were fat or fishing for compliments? No. I'm seeing a lot of compliments on here from strangers saying you look beautiful and stunning. These are all true comments. Why would we lie? You need to start believing in yourself. Start by looking in the mirror each day and say I'm beautiful. Keep doing it even if it doesn't feel right

What Girls Said 9

• Your skinner than me. I for one am on the chubby side, but I want to lose the belly and I'm 5ft 3in weighing between 140 and 150 lbs.

Try accepting who you are and how you look.
    I was very self conscious about my appearance but now I am very much comfortable being naked around my boyfriend after looking at my reflection realizing there is nothing wrong, so there is no reason to judge.

• I got to say this but skinny ain't attractive and I'm sure everyone else would agree with me. The sight of your bone structure showing underneath thin skin is a bit disgusting and its quite sore when someone like that hits their hips into you. And the skinny look just makes people think your sick and weak, I'm just saying.

• If you still think you are fat when looking at yourself, you need to go talk to a professional. It sounds like you have a eating disorder. Or the onset of one. Don't let it get to far. You can lose your hair, teeth fall out, all kinds of bad stuff.
    You are beautiful and look to be at a good weight, you just need to find the reasons to like yourself. :-)

• Your skinny, ignore what people think, or say. It's good to, keep in shape, but throwing up and counting calories is not the way to go. If you feel the need, go ride a bike everyday or something to burn it off, but do not ever starve yourself. It's bad for your bones and mental health, you'll have dementia and other issues if you continue. Sweating is great! I recommend that, but not starving yourself, plus a good diet cannot be bad for you. I'm Mexican and I eat pretty much whatever, but I burn off fat. This way I still keep my boobs n butt lol

• I am 5'6" and 140 pounds, so you are clearly not at all fat. On the contrary, you are in the danger zone for anorexia (your BMI is now 19). If you are obsessed with the weight problem, it is very often a underlying drive to perfection. Did something happen in your childhood, that makes you unsure and that you try to hide or compensate by being perfectionist? Talk in private about it with someone you know. Don't throw it here in public.

• I was teased hard

• That could be the cause of your uncertainty. So try to start believing in yourself. Talk with a good friend about it. Make a list of things you like and dislike about yourself and discuss with her/him and see if your arguments hold.

• That's a really low weight number for that height. But maybe it's because you don't have much muscle weight and just fat weight.

You don't look chubby but you don't look thin in that picture either.

• I am 5'11" and 130 lbs.
    you are a good weight. Counting calories is not bad but try to keep from throwing up.
    if you really think you are fat then work out (using weights) so you can build muscle instead of just trying to be skinnier.

• The media etc pressure on women these days is mad you look fine

• The more I read all your questions the more I think you are just a troll fishing for attention. You actually remind me of another "16 year old girl " that used to troll with questions on here.

• you look very nice.