Where abouts on my body should I focus on toning up?

which parts need toning up most? i have a few months before my holiday and i wanna look great in a bikini:-)

Most Helpful Guy

• Your body is hot. I suggest doing tons of weighted squats with proper form though, if anything. Squats will make your legs and butt look even better and they'll work your core. You don't really have to directly focus on your abs if you do deadlifts and squats. Don't worry about looking big and muscly. Just lift something you can do sets of at least 15 of and you will be good. Do a minimum of 10 minutes cardio after every workout. Make sure you eat well before and after.

• i will try that, thanks for the comment:-)

What Guys Said 10

• The usual places. Running is the best way for losing weight, a little, over your whole body. Do squats for the behind, a lot of ab work, and aerobics with light weights for the arms and shoulders.

Tennis is a fun tune up activity if you already can play...

• Spot-toning is kindof impossible, no? Lower BMI will show your underlying muscle more, but getting visible gains in size on any one muscle group is incredibly difficult to do. That's why body building is a full time profession. by the way, let me just say that I don't think you need to lose any weight.

I suggest hitting the jump rope for great speed and agility conditioning, cardiovascular efficiency improvement, and coordination benefits. Then, maybe throw in some HIIT, topped off by lifting heavy things. If you go to a gym and learn proper form from an expert that's perfect. If you prefer to hit the bodyweight exercises in a prison workout fashion, power to you.

There are few things sexier than a chick who can do pullups.

• Tell them, Mareep...

• i don't really mean want to spot-tone, I just mean that there are certain exercises you can do that focus on your legs, core etc. I will do a lot of general exercise over the next few months, but also speicific exercises:-)

• the quickest way to a bitchin' sixpack is to reduce caloric intake. If you eat as much as you burn, you could do five thousand sit-ups a day and not get any visible definition. You will hurt your back tho, so probably better off planking.

Anyways, you look in great health. Well done and keep it up!

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif Your body already looks great so you have nothing to worry about.

• thank you, but i would ideally like to tone up a bit

• It doesn't matter because you can't spot burn. Toning is an all over thing when it happens.

• first of all, not to be creepy your body looks great so don't get too worried about that. But I suppose if you were just really looking to get int fitness, I guess waist? But honestly, your body already looks ideal in my opinion...

• My opinion is that you could stand to put on 25-30 lbs. or so to really look healthy.

• my weight/BMI is healthy but it's actually towards the top end of the 'healthy' bracket so if i put on more weight i could quite easily move into the 'unhealthy' bracket

• I don't agree with those charts. They leave everyone looking starved to death. It says mine is supposed to be a weight I was in high school (and I was the scrawniest kid in school).

• the muffin top makes you look pudgy so id start there

• taken on board. thanks

• probably abs and thighs.

• your stomach if you must, but you look fine already

• Do push ups (to tighten the chest and make it appear smaller) and squats/lunges (to make the butt bigger)

• what do you mean by chest?

• i don't want them smaller

• Ok but you asked, "which parts need toning up most? i wanna look great in a bikini " so, I responded with what looks good in a bikini...

What Girls Said 5

• just focus on ur core mainly =] if u wanna tone ur butt too go for it. other than that u look fine! u still look good where u r now.

• I say you are already bikini ready👍

• aw thank you:-) at the moment i am still quite self conscious but i think after i've toned up a bit i'll be less self conscious

• You're very welcome😊
      All of us see problems where there aren't. Everyone can pick themselves apart for days. Be confident now. Feel comfortable in your own skin, and carry yourself as such. This radiance of confidence will shine and others WILL take notice👍

• Maybe your stomach area and your legs. Especially side abs at the stomach and maybe some cardio.

• You look fine to me. Question is, do you want more muscle, get less fat, but as a consequence also less curves? If you want to tone something, make your shoulders wider. It will give you a more athletic look.

• thanks:-) no i would like to keep the small amount of 'curve' i have lol. i find my shoulders too wide already:-(

• for me they are not too wide compared to your hips, but of course body shape is personal. So if you are satisfied with your shoulders, I would not change anything.

• I kind of want to look like you hahah I'm really really skinny and have no boobs. What do you eat from day to day, if you don't mind me asking.

• Breakfast - usually toast or cereal
      Lunch - usually a sandwich or soup
      Dinner - usually meat with carbs and vegetables

Snacks - fruit or biscuit type things