Am I really that ugly like people say?

I've always been a really shy and not able to talk to guys so it's been hard to date. My ex who just broke up with me called told me I am the ugliest girl he has dated and no man will ever want me again. I never felt pretty and I have always been insecure about my looks but am I really that ugly?

Am I really that ugly like people say?

Most Helpful Girl

• I want to reassure you and tell you that you're not ugly, but at the same time, I'm reminded of this video:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6jKCWIoYc
    However, I have known people to be beautiful and honestly think themselves unattractive, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. You're a drop of sunshine, sweetheart =) Worry not.

• Thank you. It's frustrating that a few people here call it fishing for compliments but everyone can be self conscious about something or find themselves unattractive no matter how they look on the outside

What Guys Said 18

• 1|1
    • It shouldn't matter how someone looks on the outside. They can still be self conscious about something. Hearing that from someone you loved hurts

• He only said it because he was mad, pissed, or whatever and wanted to do something bad to you. You look wonderful so don't go with what he said. Plus, you shouldn't automatically believe what one person says about you. It's not enough.

• I know that I shouldn't. He was my first boyfriend and first everything so to hear that was a big blow

• 0|2
    • You're ex is a moron by the way and he's clearly blind to see the great things in you

• bitch please XD

bahahaa

• img.pandawhale.com/...hing-for-attention-j1BT.jpeg

--------------------------------------------

• I don't know why people would think I'm fishing for compliments. To already have pretty low self esteem and have someone you dated say that to you just wrecks it

• Based on that picture I would say he was calling you ugly based on your personality. Maybe you hurt him or did something unforgivable. You are an attractive girl on the outside. So he was either referring to you as a person or just trying to be a dick and hurt you.

• I think you look lovely

• This guy was clearly blind or incredibly stupid. You are absolutely gorgeous. That fact that you are shy is honestly makes you more attractive, that usually means that you aren't so full of yourself

• Oh my goodness I actually think you're very beautiful and I'm already experiencing feelings of love wtf seriously no joke XD

• another one of those "i am so ugly" posts from a pretty descent looking girl... if you think you´re ugly, you´ve never even heard of ugly.

• No you're not ugly.

• don't be so silly !

• You must be fishing for compliments

• Have you not read my other comments? Just because I look a certain way on the outside doesn't mean I feel it on the inside. Stop saying I'm fishing for compliments. This site is ridiculous with saying that

• I am not doing anything! You came to post making an assumption from the start. Nobody here knows me won't so I know I won't hear anything biased and that's why I asked. Seriously leave my post. You are already annoying the shit out of me

• Thank God for that I almost made it a whole day without annoying anyone.

• no you aren't ugly. just the opposite. they're just being jealous

• are you serious?

• well it seems you are.
      im sorry to hear you feel like that. you are absolutely gorgeous and i genuinely mean that. im a nasty mean person so if you werent pretty i'd have said so.

• You are not ugly..

• No you look good ;-)

• That's not you, is it? *_*

• Yes it's really me.

• Thanks. I'm trying to work on building up my confidence and hearing this from unbiased people really helped

• I agree with anonasaurs

What Girls Said 13

• lol omg. either ur ex is blind or ur trolling or this isn't even u. i dont even know what to believe anymore i swear. it's like I'm heartless now. #iblamegag

• What a joke... you're really fucking gorgeous and you know it. There's nothing ugly about you. Your ex is just bitter.

• You're obviously very beautiful, break ups suck and people say things they shouldn't say, don't let someone like that make you question yourself.

Also if you're the ugliest girl he's ever dated, I would kill to see the other girls he's been with lol

• I can see why your ex called you names. He took adv of your shyness and walked all over you. You bought into it. The weak always attract the strong when they DON'T defend themselves.

• Lol, this a joke... right?

• No I'm serious. I've always been self conscious and him saying this just ruined my confidence

• You're clearly gorgeous.

Your ex on the other hand is so lame, he couldn't even think of a decent insult.

• If I were a lesbian or a dude I'd probably be in love with you lol how on earth could you be considered ugly? You have a really pretty smile and GORGEOUS eyes!

• O_o wth. lol.
    NO, you aren't ugly. In fact, you're BEAUTIFUL.

He is an idiot.

• Oh gosh no, you are very pretty.

• Yeah you're kinda hideous

• Thanks for being honest. What should I change?

• You only need your own approval. As long as you think you are beautiful and worth loving, that's all that matters. Everyone else will feel that if it comes from you first.

• I'm not looking for anyone's approval. I was looking for unbiased opinions. You don't know me and I don't know you so that's why I asked what I could change plus you are the only person who called me "kinda hideous"

• People who call you ugly are just jealous

• You're absolutely stunning!

• Are these people blind?

You're so pretty

• I want to be ugly like you !!