Is it natural for me to feel like I dont look "handsome" "gorgeous" the way people tell me I look?

I've been bullied a lot in the past because I was over weight. Not only from people but family as well. My family would always pressure me to eat less and would always watch me and what I eat (especially my dad who was straight forward, and my mom offering me to go to fat camp in the motherly passive way. But this came from aunts and uncles as well). I have now built this paranoia where I can't stand it when my family look at what im making/eating. But since then I've lost a lot of weight, then I got showered with compliments and still do, although i still have a bit of chub.. But when I hear it, I only see myself the way I used to look which was not "handsome" and "gorgeous", but yet ugly and overweight.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am in the same position as u I was fat but I cut my weight and I'm in good shape now but it's always there in the back of your mind like how do other people see me? Why do I still feel bad even tho I'm not like that anymore. I find u get good and bad days, some days I look in the mirror and I'm like damn u have come a long way and others I look and I'm like what's the point. It's like When u walk past someone and if they are laughing and u worry it's about I cause people used to make fun of u when u were fat my advise is just ignore them and be comfortable with urself, I can comment on gaining confidence cause I have very low confidence due to the same experiences tho mine was mostly from people at school

What Girls Said 1

• it's natural.

What Guys Said 3

• It's very natural to see your flaws because of the paranoia. At the same time, though, you have to be honest with yourself. Are you truly still fat? I would probably guess not. Are you a ripped athlete? No, but you can be proud of the fact that you did lose the fat and at least you are in decent shape.

• low confidence bro... :|

• Actually the opposite. Im a pretty confident guy now. I can approach and make convo with any girl, because they find me attractive.

• your are self conscious